Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Notifications on unsubscribed threads

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 5 days ago #450585

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 517
When I open my e mail box I seem to be getting a mass of notifications on threads I have not subscribed to, and even some on threads that have started after I last logged out, which I could not possibly have subscribed to. They seem to be mainly on the Towcar section and I wonder if there is a problem there.
Ray
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450606

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 889
Raywood wrote:
When I open my e mail box I seem to be getting a mass of notifications on threads I have not subscribed to, and even some on threads that have started after I last logged out, which I could not possibly have subscribed to. They seem to be mainly on the Towcar section and I wonder if there is a problem there.

There may well be a problem Ray, but unfortunately our technical guru Lizzie Pope has moved on to pastures new, Haymarket have sold Practical Caravan including this forum and website and there is no one in place to address any technical problems as far as I'm aware.
Moderators have no access to the forum software so we are unable to help, sorry.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450607

• Parksy
  • Retired
Parksy wrote:
Raywood wrote:

There may well be a problem Ray, but unfortunately our technical guru Lizzie Pope has moved on to pastures new, Haymarket have sold Practical Caravan including this forum and website and there is no one in place to address any technical problems as far as I'm aware.
Moderators have no access to the forum software so we are unable to help, sorry.
Edit..
p.s. I noticed when I posted this reply that I'd been subscribed to this topic although I hadn't ticked the 'subscribe' box.
It might be worth routinely clicking the 'Unsubscribe' tab when you post to see if it helps
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450609

• Dodger524
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
I wonder if the new owners realise that they also brought a forum?

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450641

• Parksy
  • Retired
Future PLC are apparently a digital and print licencing company amongst other things but I wouldn't imagine that we'd make much of an impact with them Dodger.
Mind you, we never made much of an impact with Haymarket either :whistle:
Contact email address:

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450645

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
Now that Future PLC has taken on Practical Caravan, is this forum hanging on a shaky nail?

If there has been a reassuring comment from Future PLC on their plans for this forum then I must have missed it.

Happy to be corrected.
Sir Haggis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450647

• Dodger524
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 77
They do have a rather flashy website: Futureplc which may hold a clue, although I couldn't find one.

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 4 days ago #450651

• Parksy
  • Retired
Anseo wrote:
Now that Future PLC has taken on Practical Caravan, is this forum hanging on a shaky nail?

If there has been a reassuring comment from Future PLC on their plans for this forum then I must have missed it.

Happy to be corrected.

Practical Caravan editor Niall Hampton reassured readers that brand values will remain the same in the July edition of Practical Caravan magazine.
Presumably this website will remain the same, after all there's no reason to change it.
Contact email address:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung, Anseo, Dodger524

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 3 days ago #450689

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 517
Just checked the subscribe button on the heading and yes it does seem to have changed my setting. If it happens again I will check that point.
Ray

Notifications on unsubscribed threads 3 months 2 days ago #450754

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 648
Raywood, check on "Your Profile" and ensure that the My subscritions are all closed. I had this happen to me a couple of years ago. All sorted now.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)