Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pegasus Bridge Normandy

Pegasus Bridge Normandy 1 week 6 days ago #440422

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 111
Pegasus bridge museum very well worth visiting, good dispays and easy access. Unless your French is good avoid the guided tour which includes about half an hour sitting round a model of the area and having every last detail explained in rapid French.
The replica Horsa glider is, unfortunately just that and not available to walk through. It's a bit sterile compared to the exhibit at the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop Hampshire.
But all the rest, the bridge models, the lcalculator for loading the gliders., the air portable vehicles - excellent. My OH who is not by any means an aviation anorak like me rated it highly.
The original bridge has been relocated to the museum which also has sections of the much less glamourpus Bailey Bridges much used in the area. Good basic engineering design needing few and basic tools to build. Good to see many young Brits visiting and being impressed by the courage and determination of their grandfathers too.

There is a site beyond the museum coming from the Ouistreham direction, sorry forgotten name. Pretty old and expensive but quiet. The big site almost next to the ferry port would also be convenient.

Ray S . 
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

Pegasus Bridge Normandy 1 week 1 day ago #440640

• MikeA
  • Gold Boarder
"There is a site beyond the museum coming from the Ouistreham direction, sorry forgotten name. Pretty old and expensive but quiet.".

I think that would be Camping Des Capucines in Ranville. As you say, a quiet site and a little tired but still one of my favourites. But it certainly does not have any views of the beaches.

Mike
�

Pegasus Bridge Normandy 1 week 1 day ago #440641

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 351
I stayed there about 4 years ago and the site was open until the end of October, when French chilren came around for Halloween, thankfully I had some sweets, chocolate and tangerines.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VIP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
On a Chair, at the Woosie, Round Table.

Pegasus Bridge Normandy 1 week 1 day ago #440657

• KeefySher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
EH52ARH wrote:
I stayed there about 4 years ago and the site was open until the end of October, when French chilren came around for Halloween, thankfully I had some sweets, chocolate and tangerines.

A bucket of cold water is a good alternative to sweets, chocolate and tangerines. It is trick or treat after all.

At home I have a bucket of cold water on the en suite window ledge above the front door should the halloween visitors request a trick :P :P
2015 Sterling Continental 570
2017 Mercedes Benz GLE350 AMG Line
2015 Bradcot Aspire 390 Air Awning
  • Page:

Follow us on