Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Garmin Basecamp software

Garmin Basecamp software 1 month 1 week ago #470763

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 234
Does anyone use this and if so how is it please. I with restricted vision I find it quite tedious to set up a route forcing the satnav to follow exactly where I want to go and wonder if this would be easier using basecamp.

Ray S . 
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garmin Basecamp software 1 month 1 week ago #470765

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1368
RayS wrote:
Does anyone use this and if so how is it please. I with restricted vision I find it quite tedious to set up a route forcing the satnav to follow exactly where I want to go and wonder if this would be easier using basecamp.

I’ve got a Gamin satnav and it’s my second one. I purchased my first Garmin as I was able to use their software to pre programme the satnav with my own chosen route. I considered this important for towing. My current Garmin runs with Basecamp and I do the same. I find it’s a bit more bitty than using Googlemaps (not for Garmin) but once you get used to using it it works very well. It has useful feature such as exclusion zones which you can input.

Basecamp is very accurate in its locating features. So if you want to head south on an autoroute just make sure the cursor goes in the southbound carriageway for any waypoints you insert. Otherwise you will be kept in an infinite holding pattern! It’s also good for making your landing approach to campsites as you can input their own guidance directions. :whistle:
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RayS

Garmin Basecamp software 1 month 1 week ago #470814

• alan29
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Havine struggled with Basecamp, I installed Garmins earlier software Mapsource. It is so much simpler to use.
Otheclive is dead right about motorway lanes.
Heres a link for Mapsource
[url=http://]https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=209[/url]
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by alan29.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RayS

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 696 live-in test - That snazzy side window you can see at the nearside front is actually a fake, so the interior wall is left free for placing the TV (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 T/A - Some might want for a proper nearside window, but the large front gas locker is welcome. Neat graphics and smart alloys look good (© Practical Caravan)
Wheelhome Dashaway - The electrically operated roof is raised via a switch by the door (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)