Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Time to come back

Time to come back 3 months 4 weeks ago #472586

• Ste6t9
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Well it’s time to start heading north tomorrow. I have to say for a first long run, the van has performed superb. It tows really well with the car so I think the setup is about right and apart from a little hiccup with a Swiss tornado, we’re coming back unscathed.

Now planning lots of local weekends away.

Next stop, Luxembourg. (Via Freiburg and Heidelberg-just because we want to get 6 countries into our visit)
Proud owner of a 2019 Sprite Major 6TD pulled by a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander DI-D 4

No longer a caravanning virgin
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Craigyoung

Time to come back 3 months 4 weeks ago #472588

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
So yous've gettin through your first longhaul mate , everything juggled about to get your good towing performance , getting away for local weekends away now will be a doddle :P

We nearly had a brief encounter with an artic as i was about to pull back in after over taking just as you get the suction effect with the van going past their cab , the bairn in the back decided to stretch her legs into the back off my seat to push herself up giving me a shock , my hands that were firmly committed to the wheel moved to the left and caused a bit wobble and the artivc moved over whilst letting me know how loud his horn was :sick:

Safe return !!
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Time to come back 3 months 4 weeks ago #472615

• Ste6t9
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Unbelievably, once we hit 40mph my awesome roof fix blew off. So a full roll of gaffa tape later and a return to the campsite and we’re in Luxembourg and nothing has moved.
Proud owner of a 2019 Sprite Major 6TD pulled by a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander DI-D 4

No longer a caravanning virgin

Time to come back 3 months 3 weeks ago #472685

• GrizzlyBathplug
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Have a safe journey home.
Jeep GC
Coachman VIP 575

Time to come back 3 months 3 weeks ago #472694

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1105
Well, it has certainly been an interesting trip for you, my last trip over to France was a six week one covering about 2500 miles thankfully the only hickup was my SatNav took me from the Western side of Paris into the center and back out North on the A1.

Safe trip home.
Hutch,
Woosie King 2019 , Sir Were-Rabbit look at The Woosie Thread.
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Time to come back 3 months 3 weeks ago #472882

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 256
If you haven't already found out, fuel in Luxembourg was usually cheaper than adjacent countries. Safe trip home

Ray S . 

Time to come back 3 months 2 weeks ago #473071

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
Well I will continue on from ste's post , hope he doesn't mind as we have just getting back from two weeks in France in the Loire valley , weather was reasonably ok in the 30s couple of days of rain couple of nights of heavy rain other than that no problems at all , pitch huge can't complain .

I must admit found the fuel bit on the expensive side compared to 3 years ago but I can say that the kuga managed on its first long travel well with fully loaded van no problems at all down to the middle of France returning between 28 and 34 MPG and returning on just under 2ooo miles in 2 weeks :unsure: and pretty tiring as it's me that does all the driving although hats off to my wife as she sits with me as my second pair of eyes ! :)

For anybody travelling to France and wanting a stay over before they go we have found a cheap CL site for £20 per night ( £22 with the 2 kids ) which is about a 12 minute drive to the tunnel or Port didn't even bother unhooking the car she even had a cable ready for me really nice place .

Still Hooked Up just put the feet down there & ready to go at 5 a.m. the next morning .

Craig .
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Craigyoung.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, EH52ARH, Anseo

Most recent caravan reviews

Coachman Acadia 675 - That attractive, low profile look will be familiar to Coachman fans (© Practical Caravan)
Elddis Avanté 454 - The Avanté looks good with quality moulded front and rear panels (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Discovery D4-2 - The Discovery is a quirky looking tourer, with an awning that stretches right around to the rear (© Practical Caravan)
Sprite Super Quattro EB - The EB's curvaceous exterior, with three windows, a large sunroof and smart graphics, rather belies its entry-level price band (© Practical Caravan)