• Page:

TOPIC: BREXIT RIPOFF

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466522

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1177
ProfJohnL wrote:
Lovo wrote:
... surly there is a risk to the dog getting over vaccinated??

That is the question , and unless anyone here is a vet, I doubt we can answer it.
I read it that both Clive and the OPs vets made the decision. So is there still a question? Note Mel’s latest response too.
You cannot give your dog any vaccination . It must and only can be administered by a Vet.
No problem .
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Parksy

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466525

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1061
I talked to our vet, as eldest dogs Passport / vaccination doc didn't show the anti bodies Titration Test. As we had the original he was happy to sign the new passport. But the younger dog , will only have to have a blood test, for the Rabies Tritration test,
But you may as well go for the full revac, and test, "If The Uk pulls.

We are not going over to France this year, much to my French, Boules team, disgust, as they love the Cumberland Sausage and Really strong Chedder Cheese, that we take over.
Hutch, aka, that annoying toad.
Woosie King , Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466532

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1581
I am not disputing that only vets can obtain the vaccination shots, But at the same time only a vet could provide a professional based response to the OP's question.

Whether canine vaccines work in the same way as human ones, and whether the risks are the same again only a Vet could answer.

It would be unwise to take the responses on a forum over and above those of a professional.

I too suspect the OP was simply bemoaning the cost they'd been put to, but there was a defined question about multiple vaccinations and their possible negative effects in the post.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466534

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1401
ProfJohnL wrote:
I am not disputing that only vets can obtain the vaccination shots, But at the same time only a vet could provide a professional based response to the OP's question.

Whether canine vaccines work in the same way as human ones, and whether the risks are the same again only a Vet could answer.

It would be unwise to take the responses on a forum over and above those of a professional.

I too suspect the OP was simply bemoaning the cost they'd been put to, but there was a defined question about multiple vaccinations and their possible negative effects in the post.

And I gave a valid reply based on my dog having to have two vaccinations within a few weeks in order for her antibody count to exceed the threshold to qualify for a passport. Whilst not a vet my experience provided some basis of information to the OP. We all accept that only vets can administer the rabies vaccination but I fail to understand your position that owner experience isnt relevant to the OPs question.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by otherclive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466535

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1061
Proff , Lovo was stating They had their Pouch revacsinated, and I think light heartled mentioned the possibility, of over vacsinating. As anyone who has their , Dog Cat or Ferret , vacinated against Rabies are told the problems , the Latest vaccine are so good that there is no need for a Titration test , but with this "Breackfast" thing , the possibility is that we need the the Titration, to be marked on the animals Passport. If you wish to bring animals to and from the Uk. This will affect animals from Europe as well.
Except for the super rich who keep their pets on the private aircraft and yachts and then smuggle them in in Hand bags.
Hutch, aka, that annoying toad.
Woosie King , Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466538

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 1409
Dustydog wrote:
ProfJohnL wrote:
Lovo wrote:
... surly there is a risk to the dog getting over vaccinated??

That is the question , and unless anyone here is a vet, I doubt we can answer it.
I read it that both Clive and the OPs vets made the decision. So is there still a question? Note Mel’s latest response too.
You cannot give your dog any vaccination . It must and only can be administered by a Vet.
No problem .
Dustydog has summed up this situation perfectly.
The OP appears to have had to have his dog vaccinated again to satisfy new requirements.
I'm sure that he has already obtained the professional opinion of the vet who vaccinated the dog.
The point scoring really has to stop now, we all know that a vet will give correct advice so please desist from trying to dictate which questions forum users can ask on this forum.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Parksy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog, Mel, Craigyoung

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466539

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1401
EH52ARH wrote:
Proff , Lovo was stating They had their Pouch revacsinated, and I think light heartled mentioned the possibility, of over vacsinating. As anyone who has their , Dog Cat or Ferret , vacinated against Rabies are told the problems , the Latest vaccine are so good that there is no need for a Titration test , but with this "Breackfast" thing , the possibility is that we need the the Titration, to be marked on the animals Passport. If you wish to bring animals to and from the Uk. This will affect animals from Europe as well.
Except for the super rich who keep their pets on the private aircraft and yachts and then smuggle them in in Hand bags.

Hutch it’s not just the super rich who have their dogs on the ship. I spent a period on a grey funnel line ship and the captain had his dog on board, and it was a nice break from duties to take the dog walks around the flight deck or vehicle decks if it was wet. He even had his wife’s mini traveller loaded on the ship and on one occasion we took it ashore in Sorento in a LCVP landing craft and had a nice couple of days touring the Amafi coast. The dog stayed on a small island on Gracie Fields Estate so no laws broken :-)
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by otherclive.

BREXIT RIPOFF 5 months 1 week ago #466587

• emmerson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 132
For what its worth, we have had our dog vaccinated against rabies every year and never had a problem. Sadly, we cannot go to Europe this year, but Lucy will still have her jab.

It's better in a Royale!
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Pegasus Rimini - The new Pegasus is now 8ft wide, but its profile remains pretty much the same, except for smart new graphics (© Practical Caravan)