Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 11 months ago #392022

• Royston
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
as a add on I would like to thank The Caravan Club magazine for bring my attention to the Calor gas problem.

Royston
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 10 months ago #393340

• Len_Cuff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Contacted loads of dealers here in Lincoln as I had only just realised I have one of these!!
ALL are out of stock and the main supplier for the area isn't expecting any until the New Year, he has 30,000 on order!
They did confirm however that I would get a full replacement for free. It appears the problem stems from the fact these cylinders come from Portugal and some were left on the dockside and were contaminated with salt water.
�Cheers, Len

Vectra 3.0 V6 CDTi Adria Adora 612DP

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 10 months ago #393341

• FrintonMike
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Len, I was in our local caravan dealers yesterday and they said that deliveries were back to normal. This is in Essex but they did say that they were getting customers in who knew nothing about the recall as they never read a magazine and only visited the shop when they needed gas.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 8 months ago #395183

• Len_Cuff
  • Gold Boarder
Latest update from local supplier says mid Feb before they get any!!
�Cheers, Len

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 7 months ago #396973

• FrintonMike
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
I have just read that Calor say that they have approx 155,000 cylinders to be checked and only approx 50,000 have been returned. so there are approx 105,000 cylinders out there that may have a problem.
It is scarey that it may take years for all the cylinders to be checked if the returns are this slow

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 6 months ago #397466

• Len_Cuff
  • Gold Boarder
Got my replacement on Friday at long last !!
�Cheers, Len

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 6 months ago #397476

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 345
Latest information from Calor.

We have 30,000 new CalorLite® cylinders arriving any day now which should ease the position, but we are calling on our customers to help us by returning the remaining affected cylinders as soon as possible.

We already checked over a third of the affected cylinders and returned them to the supply chain. However, there are still over 100,000 cyclers still to be handed in and we are concerned that customers are hanging onto them - in some cases just to use the remaining gas in the cylinder.

This is creating a chicken and egg situation as we need the cylinders back to have them inspected and returned to the marketplace as soon as possible. In the meantime, we are working around the clock to test the cylinders which have been returned, but we urgently need more to be handed in.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 6 months ago #397480

• colin-yorkshire
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 210
hope you guys get your gas sorted before the season starts, Easter next week :woohoo:
I have been watching this saga for a few months, total cock up by Calor IMHO. I had a couple of cylinders [lite's] and a blue one sitting in my garage. waiting to go back. so last week I checked them , both lite's were on the recall list so on friday I took them with the blue one back to the local stockist,
I now understand the confusion first hand. he had no lite's in stock but expected some before Easter. so could not replace them.
reckoned he had no idea there was a problem, and would not be giving out free cylinders anyway. certainly would not give me a credit note for the ones handed in. but I could have replacement red ones [not lite] at the appropriate price. but would have to pay the extra for new lites when available. would not do a refund for the cylinders handed in as I did not have the original contract slip. [why would I] been using calor for 40years,
however he would take them off my hands for free and send them back to Calor. but this meant starting a new contract at full price if I ever wanted a new cylinder. :sick: :sick: :sick: what a rip off!!!!!
Needless to say he did not get them back. they went to the local council reclaimation yard instead for them to sort out,
if I ever need gas again i will buy it elsewhere with no contract involved.
Just makes you wonder how many other lite's have gone astray in the same way, when holders get the run around dont think Calor will ever get them all back now!! ,
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by colin-yorkshire.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 1 month ago #403482

• Pedr01800
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
To add to the plethora of contributions, have bought new caravan in April, and had two Calor Lite Cyls already from previous motorhome. Decided to swap for two replenished ones from usual agent.
Went on German tour, happy my two refilled Calors would suffice.
After first nights stopover and use, noticed cyl in use looked about empty by gauge red sector showing.
Thought might not have tightened connections sufficiently, so swapped for other, showing green for full.
Two more days use only for cooking meals and fridge during journey, turning off at night, and red sector on gauge quite pronounced next day.
Nearly empty !
No refills in Germany, so bought local sourced LPG and valve, piece of tube and fabricated fix !
Not at all happy. Unable to explain why two cycls, not used since collection from agent and installed in new caravan should consume gas so quickly, unless there is a leak. Certainly smelled of gas in locker, but nothing slack found.
Have these cyls been known to develop leaks from main valve ?

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 2 years 1 month ago #403484

• WoodlandsCamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 491
Pedr01800 wrote:

Have these cyls been known to develop leaks from main valve ?

Never had any trouble with ours. If both your cylinders emptied quickly then you probably have a van problem which a technician needs to look at urgently, especially as you had the smell.
Vauxhall Insignia 2015 2.0 cdti 170PS
Lunar Conquest 462 2012
Sir WC (MNKOR) BAR - member of the Woosie Round Table
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angus1945

Follow us on