Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 year 1 month ago #433006

• PHOENIXFLIER
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 36
Took an empty one in to our local dealer, came out with a full one "just take one from the pallet over there".....had lots in stock!.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451493

• alphapets
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I went to replace my 2 x Calor Lites in Calor Cardiff and they only had one bottle left, no mention of a recall.

I was informed that the Calor Lite bottles will be phased out.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451494

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 624
alphapets wrote:
I went to replace my 2 x Calor Lites in Calor Cardiff and they only had one bottle left, no mention of a recall.

I was informed that the Calor Lite bottles will be phased out.

Thanks fir the info. Calor do intend to replace the Calorlite as it was too costly to support given that damage to the bottle leads to it being scrapped. However they still suppply Calorlite but clearly the numbers in circulation may reduce. They stated that the replacement should be ready by Soring 2019. Given Calor are now American owned it’s highly likely that they new bottle could be a glass fibre one like BP Gaslight or the Safefill. I think that there’s only one maker if grp bottles so it would take some time to increase production and build up stocks. But it all remains to be seen. Hang on to proof that you own a Calorlite as they have said they will honour exchanging for the new bottle type.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451563

• sgtangel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I replaced a standard 6kg with a calor lite FOC at Calor Glasgow. No paperwork = no problem. There is quite a noticeable reduction in weight, so I`m pleased.

I was also advised that the lite was being phased out of production, but the existing stock would be present for some time

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451571

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 211
sgtangel wrote:
I replaced a standard 6kg with a calor lite FOC at Calor Glasgow. No paperwork = no problem. There is quite a noticeable reduction in weight, so I`m pleased.

I was also advised that the lite was being phased out of production, but the existing stock would be present for some time

Was that at the Kilbirnie St. depot?
Sir Haggis

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451572

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
sgtangel wrote:

Was that at the Kilbirnie Street depot ?
Sir Haggis

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451595

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 622
My Local depot in Bedford says they hqve no problems getting the calor lite, but now have problems getting the heavyweight, as folk not giving them back in, you can't win.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451597

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 222
My Local depot in Bedford says they hqve no problems getting the calor lite, but now have problems getting the heavyweight, as folk not giving them back in, you can't win.

Had the same story from Kimberley caravans.
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Challenger Hi Style 524.
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451761

• sgtangel
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Anseo wrote:
sgtangel wrote:

Was that at the Kilbirnie Street depot ?

sorry for the delay - I was nightshift....

Yes, Kilbirnie Street - they were very helpful
Last Edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by sgtangel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anseo

Calor Lite Recall IMPORTANT...PLEASE READ 1 month 2 weeks ago #451879

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks sgtangel,

Changed my almost empty (still in tears that I had not sucked the last gasp out of the cylinder - a jock thing - hope you can commiserate) at Kilbirnie Street. today.

Phoned Calor (Kilbirnie Street) yesterday to be told I had to have an empty 6kg steel or Lite in order to purchase a filled Lite.

Phoned another Calor stockist, DeWaldens Ayrshire and was told the same.

I now find that Calor (Kilbirnie Street) have in their exchange policy booklet for staff guidance, a reference to 7kg Butane bottles being acceptable for propane 6kg gas-lite exchanges.

So happens I have a 7kg Butane empty, hoping to exchange for a 6kg propane lite tomorrow.

It all seems so difficult with Calor, ever changing parameters for gas purchases, not as if they are not a very profitable business, guess customers are the very most bottom line.
Sir Haggis

Most recent caravan reviews

Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)
Swift Freestyle SE S6 TD_002_w - Swift's Freestyle SE S6 TD is a dealer special edition exclusively retailed by Lowdham Leisureworld (© Niall Hampton/Practical Caravan)