Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser?

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 5 days ago #439916

• DeeRama
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Dear all
3 days, until I pick up our new old lunar chateau, our first family tourer.
I've had a tow bar fitted, the make and model above. Rather than relying on Google may I ask your collective expertise as to the suitability of it. I believe the hitch is the alko aks 2700 which manual states the a50 i is not good. My tow ball is definitely an a50 x.

Lastly, do I need to strip all of the paint off until it's completely bare?

Many thanks
D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 5 days ago #439921

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 348
Hi DeeRama, if you have an Alko tow hitch then your tow ball will need to be specific for the alko hitch, the Swan neck types are compatable, the alko bolt on types have a deeper "throat" to them to allow for the angular movement without restrictions.
Yes all the paint has to be removed from the ball area so that the friction pads on the alko hitch can grip properly and also no grease or oil on the hitch.
Any one have photos of the two different bolt on tow hitches.
Happy touring.
Hutch
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VIP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
On a Chair, at the Woosie, Round Table.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by EH52ARH.

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 4 days ago #439931

• camel
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
When I had my Chateau it came with the AK300 head , if your Chateau does have the 2700 then I presume it might have been changed because I'm not sure about Lunar fitting 2700 from new, so if you have the 50mil tow ball then you have the right one,

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 4 days ago #439935

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 360
EH52ARH wrote:
Hi DeeRama, if you have an Alko tow hitch then your tow ball will need to be specific for the alko hitch, the Swan neck types are compatable, the alko bolt on types have a deeper "throat" to them to allow for the angular movement without restrictions.
Yes all the paint has to be removed from the ball area so that the friction pads on the alko hitch can grip properly and also no grease or oil on the hitch.
Any one have photos of the two different bolt on tow hitches.
Happy touring.
Hutch

I think the pictures are on my old thread on the subject if anyone can find it from a couple of months ago. Fairly sure WC put them on.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 4 days ago #439938

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 537
www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/technical...ning-tow-ball#437657

I think that Kev added some good pictures on the thread that I linked.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gagakev, EH52ARH

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 4 days ago #439945

• DeeRama
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks all. It's a 2001 Chateau, I got the model number of the stabaliser from a receipt in the paperwork I took home with me, fitted in 2002 i believe.

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 4 days ago #439972

• DeeRama
  • Fresh Boarder
Just in case of interest. I've pgines the fitter and he confirmed I'd need a longer neck ball, even though it's an A50-x.
Praised be for amazon prime ( other online vendors available) (other sorts of numbers/transformer robots available)

Wilko a50 x ok for also stabliser? 2 weeks 4 days ago #439983

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 215
DeeRama wrote:
Praised be for amazon prime ( other online vendors available) (other sorts of numbers/transformer robots available)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: B)
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Coachman Pastiche 565 review – 1 - The exterior’s red graphics are reflected in detailing in the soft furnishings, while alloy wheels, a glazed entrance door and sunroof lend an upmarket feel (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2018 Bailey Unicorn Madrid review – 1 - There's a new look for the fourth-generation Unicorn range of Bailey caravans – here's the Madrid with a 1453kg MTPLM (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Sprite Major 6 review – 1 - The rebranded-for-2018 Swift Sprite Major 6 has an MTPLM of 1468kg, while the new nose takes its aerodynamic cues from the top-of-the-pile Elegance range (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Airstream Missouri review – 1 - It couldn't be anything else, could it? And Swift's UK-spec Airstreams are approved by the NCC and are CRiS registered, for owners’ peace of mind (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on