Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440094

• VicMallows
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 72
I can't understand why anyone has an inline filter at all. I do not want to DRINK water that has stood in my aquaroll, or been through my plumbing pipes (which will inevitably have had some water sitting in them since the last outing). One 5l container filled directly from the tap (any hose removed) is all that is needed. If you don't like the taste, a basic filter jug .
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440098

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 596
Vic. I appreciate your view.
For the last 39 years the day before departure I have cleaned the water system with Milton, flushed and rinsed through and I am still here :cheer:
When did any of us clean the house pipes?
I grew up in London where we had lead pipes for the mains water :woohoo:
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440099

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 399
Vic, how many miles of Piped "Fresh" water do you think it takes, to get to your tap. Lots of traveĺing water, We get through a 40 litre aqua roll every day , through our showers and washing up, our carbon in line filter takes out most of the chlorine smells, and at times we have to buy bottled water for the dogs, not us, as they have a greater sense of smell , so need extra care.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VOP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440105

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 728
I fully understand Vic's comment. However for many caravanners during the 80s adn 90s, there was no choice as most UK caravan manufacturers fitted filter systems.

For most supplies in the UK there is no need for a filter, but for those who rough caravanned in the UK or in many cases water supplies abroad were not so clean, a filter was a benefit. As far as I know non of the filter manufacturers claimed their filters would make unclean water potable, but they did remove particulates, and bad smells.

Some included a trace of silver nitrate which acted as an anti bacterial agent principally to prevent the filter it self from becoming a breeding ground.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440108

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
Whale recommend their aquasmart filters are changed every 30 days!!
In practice we change ours every four months or so. As the Prof rightly points out the UK water supplies are pretty reliable and contain little debris or bugs.
Also the pipe work is fully compliant with drinking water regs and bug resistant.
Everyone to their own.
As an aside I travelled the UK and Europe extensively in my job and believe I built us some resistance to the different types of water available from the mains. The old adage that a change of water upset your stomach never seems to apply to me. Does a change of water affect anyone else :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :sick: :silly:
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Dustydog.

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440124

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 399
Never really had a problem here in the UK or in France with the tap water, but when I was working in Nigeria and only drinking boiled and filtered water found that it would take "my body system" a few days to get sorted out to the UK tap water.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VOP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440193

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 403
Dustydog wrote:
In practice we change ours every four months or so. As the Prof rightly points out the UK water supplies are pretty reliable and contain little debris or bugs.
Also the pipe work is fully compliant with drinking water regs and bug resistant.
Everyone to their own.
As an aside I travelled the UK and Europe extensively in my job and believe I built us some resistance to the different types of water available from the mains. The old adage that a change of water upset your stomach never seems to apply to me. Does a change of water affect anyone else :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :sick: :silly:

Bungs me up for about three days every time :oops:
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440195

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
Martin24 wrote:
Dustydog wrote:
Everyone to their own.

Bungs me up for about three days every time :oops:
:sick: :sick:

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440247

• adam_374374842
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thankyou all for being so helpful and friendly - I have been away for the weekend - hooked up and give it my all from all the replies - might just trade in for a tent!!!........Got Happy Caravan coming to sort a window problem and have mentioned the water issue with him and he never lets me down - just would have liked to have cracked it myself - never mind will post the end result.....Thankyou all again.

Whale Aquasmart - Elddis Crusader 2 months 2 weeks ago #440249

• audiorob
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
PLease let the forum know the outcome - anyone with a similar problem can then be wiser from the outset!
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 570/4

£16,499

The Practical Caravan Venus 570/4 review – 1 - Tweaked for 2018, the Venus 570/4 is priced from £16,499 (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on