Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Control a mover using smartphone

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 6 days ago #440267

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 157
Are motor movers that can be controlled by a smartphone enabled with Bluetooth? As most places I seem to pitch up I’m lucky to even get a phone signal let alone 4G. Guess you would still need a remote control as inevitably your smartphone will be down on power when required. Suspect the Mover App could be an answer looking for a question.
Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 6 days ago #440268

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 97
Thats just one more app to add to everything else on my phone ! I'll just stick to using my mover handset , and its simple ! :lol:
Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - eager to get to
the round table !

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 6 days ago #440269

• JTQ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 54
If the link is via the phones bluetooth why would you need either a phone or 4G connection?
I regularly download photos from my phone via bluetooth not involving any phone system connection.

I am content enough with the provided handset as its ergonomics has been tailored for that specific job.

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 6 days ago #440270

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 348
At least with the powertouch, if the controller battery goes flat you can plug in the umbilical cable and still, use the controller.
Hutch
The site must be around here somewhere.????
2014, Sante Fe, 2013 Coachman, 560, VIP, Woburn Sands , Milton Keynes
Sir Were-Rabbit.
On a Chair, at the Woosie, Round Table.

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 6 days ago #440273

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 157
JTQ wrote:
If the link is via the phones bluetooth why would you need either a phone or 4G connection?
I regularly download photos from my phone via bluetooth not involving any phone system connection.

I am content enough with the provided handset as its ergonomics has been tailored for that specific job.

I haven’t got one of these App enabled movers. I was just asking the question. Some caravan apps must need a phone signal that can manage data. Ie turning on the vans heating as you are journeying back to the van. I am well aware of the fact that Bluetooth can work between devices without a phone signal. In fact in IOS 11 you turn it off in the Control Center but it still stays active in the background transmitting and receiving. Then if it detects another device it flashes up again. Today myself, wife and visitors wondered why our phones kept starting Bluetooth between phone-phone and phones-cars. Mind of its own.
Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 6 days ago #440274

• VicMallows
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
The only possible benefit of controlling the mover from a smartphone that I can see if for the manufacturer ...... he can sell the reliable, dedicated handset as an 'optional extra'.

Could be fun for the mischievous or nefarious though, when they have managed to hack into your mover :unsure: :unsure:
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by VicMallows.

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 5 days ago #440276

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 97
Yeah I agree I think I'll stick to my handset in case anyone hacks into mine I can just imagine the kids getting a hold of my phone and we'll be sitting there in the caravan will start to move ! :ohmy: no thanks !! :P
Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - eager to get to
the round table !

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 5 days ago #440277

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 360
I'd certainly be looking into how to hack into it and have some fun when people go out for the day.

Also looking forward to when terraces of houses have their electric cars on charge. I'll not be able to resist pootling alone unplugging them. Great fun for adults as well as children. :evil:
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2013 Isuzu Dmax

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 5 days ago #440280

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 322
Frankly when the mover supplier gives you a perfectly good working control unit I cannot see why you also need to use an app which relies on the far smaller and therefore more difficult to operate controls on the phone. It just seems a waste of money. We have had caravans with movers for something like twelve years and never had a problem although we do carry a spare set of batteries for the controller.
Ray
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

Control a mover using smartphone 1 week 5 days ago #440285

• WoodlandsCamper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 491
Martin24 wrote:
I'd certainly be looking into how to hack into it and have some fun when people go out for the day.

Also looking forward to when terraces of houses have their electric cars on charge. I'll not be able to resist pootling alone unplugging them. Great fun for adults as well as children. :evil:
Don't forget you have an electric conveyance that people can play with also. :P
Vauxhall Insignia 2015 2.0 cdti 170PS
Lunar Conquest 462 2012
Sir WC (MNKOR) BAR - member of the Woosie Round Table
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin24

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Coachman Pastiche 565 review – 1 - The exterior’s red graphics are reflected in detailing in the soft furnishings, while alloy wheels, a glazed entrance door and sunroof lend an upmarket feel (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2018 Bailey Unicorn Madrid review – 1 - There's a new look for the fourth-generation Unicorn range of Bailey caravans – here's the Madrid with a 1453kg MTPLM (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Sprite Major 6 review – 1 - The rebranded-for-2018 Swift Sprite Major 6 has an MTPLM of 1468kg, while the new nose takes its aerodynamic cues from the top-of-the-pile Elegance range (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Airstream Missouri review – 1 - It couldn't be anything else, could it? And Swift's UK-spec Airstreams are approved by the NCC and are CRiS registered, for owners’ peace of mind (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on