Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Internal water problem

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450088

• Sln
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks guys,
I'm back home now so I can get it apart.I have Reich micro switch taps so do these taps have a pump attached to them as when they are working it sounds like the pump is under the sink.
The tank at the front is filled wit the external whale pump.So does this mean the taps pump the water if so is it possible There is a bad earth and they have fried.
I have read if you get the micro switch out and connect the wires together the pump should work.But it's all the taps on both sinks and the shower.The 1st thing I done was to check the fuse and this is ok but I changed it anyway.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450129

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1029
Sln wrote:
Thanks guys,
I'm back home now so I can get it apart.I have Reich micro switch taps so do these taps have a pump attached to them as when they are working it sounds like the pump is under the sink.
I can't tell you where your pump is, but it could be under the sink

Sln wrote:
The tank at the front is filled wit the external whale pump.
That seems correct

Sln wrote:
So does this mean the taps pump the water if so is it possible There is a bad earth and they have fried.
Without being able to see the components Its not really possible for us to confirm if that's the problem, but a bad earth is unlikley to "fry" a switch. Also 12V dc systems don't use the "earth", they have a Positive or negative wire.

Sln wrote:
I have read if you get the micro switch out and connect the wires together the pump should work.But it's all the taps on both sinks and the shower.
If non of the taps causes the pump to run, then its unlikely that all the switches will have failed at the exact same time, so that suggests it will either be a wiring or a pump fault.

Sln wrote:
The 1st thing I done was to check the fuse and this is ok but I changed it anyway.
Why change a fuse if its OK?

If teh pump light is coming on, but no water delivered, then its either a wiring problem to the pump, or the pump its self.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by ProfJohnL. Reason: additional comment

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450184

• Sln
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I am not a caravan engineer so I have come to this site for help.If you use this site to belittle people.I do hope this makes you feel better.I do know that I will now be using another site as there are many,And I will be letting people know of my experience..

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450186

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
Sln wrote:
Hi I am not a caravan engineer so I have come to this site for help.If you use this site to belittle people.I do hope this makes you feel better.I do know that I will now be using another site as there are many,And I will be letting people know of my experience..

Sln,

The Prof can be concise and direct in his responses, I don't think he was belittling you at all (but I understand if you interpreted otherwise).

Give the Prof a little leeway, he is one of the good guys really, you just need to know his ways ;) .

Hope you stay with us and get the answers you need, pretty sure you will.

Regards,
John
Sir Haggis
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Anseo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProfJohnL

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450187

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 712
Reading all of the posts I can’t find any that would come under the definition of “ belittling’. Profs advice has been comprehensive and he’s analysed the possible reasons for your problems based on the information available to him and his experience. As said above stick with it and you’ll find good advice when you need it.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProfJohnL, Dustydog

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450195

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 369
Sln ;
From what I have read , theres no 'belittling' has occurred, I've read worse ! The prof is very precise in his replies & very thorough, you've asked for some problem solving & you've getting some replies ?!
I don't see any need to leave this forum and go to another one and slate this one, it's a perfectly good forum with perfectly good information & knowledgeable people.
I've learnt a lot in five years and still learning .

Craig .
2o16 Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Craigyoung.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProfJohnL

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450285

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 650
Sin, if you look at the number of posters asking for replies , you can narrow it down to maybe 30 to 40 people, The Prof comes back with direct results which to some seem, belittling , but, it is not,, by all means go to other sites as we all do and yo may get answers from the same person, under a different name, we are all trying to help.
Best regards,
EH52ARH, Hutch, ,
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450287

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1029
FyI I do not post on other sites except on very rare occasions,
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450288

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 650
ProfJohnL wrote:
FyI I do not post on other sites except on very rare occasions,

Prof, that a contridiction, :P

Are you Donald TDunk. :woohoo:

Just a jest Prof. .
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by EH52ARH. Reason: Apoligie

Internal water problem 3 months 1 week ago #450292

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 369
I'm laughing away to myself here because both yous (prof & hutch) can't get his name bit right !! :ohmy:
2o16 Ford Kuga 2.oTdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)