Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alko premium noise weight jockey wheel

Alko premium noise weight jockey wheel 1 year 1 month ago #450670

• Ty
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi Prof john
Thanks for the advice , i didnt know that the jockey wheel needed to face in the same direction every time, i can get to the caravan this Wednesday to measure the relevant distances hopefully will be all set now for the weekend .
Thanks
Ty
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Alko premium noise weight jockey wheel 1 year 1 month ago #450671

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1232
I originally set mine up by having the car and van on a level section of road them measured the height to the center if the towball, accepting that it was hitched. I then brought it back on the drive and using bathroom scales and some wood etc I measured the weight with the arrangement set at the same height as when the car was hitched. I then used my Milenco gauge to see what it read. After that I used the Milenco for checking on the drive before a trip as I “calibrated “ it against the bathroom scales over the range 60-80 kg.
I did do some checks on whether noseweight changed when we returned from a trip but it hardly varied as we are quite disciplined in how we stow stuff and fluid loading in the flush tank.

Also when I checked the noseweight unhitched I always have the brake off and wheels chocked.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by otherclive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ProfJohnL
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Unicorn Merida - The Unicorn range has expanded with the reintroduced rear-washroom floorplan of the Merida (© Practical Caravan)
Caravelair Antarès 406 - The Caravelair Antarés 406 has a revamped exterior with bolder graphics; it looks smart. Plus, there's an exterior mains socket and barbecue and shower points are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 580 - Apart from the neat silver roundel placed on the front nearside corner to mark 100 years of Eccles caravans, this exterior looks much like any other Swift model, with a black front panel and understated decals (© Practical Caravan)