Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: PCB fuse blown on Truma water heater. Cause?

PCB fuse blown on Truma water heater. Cause? 4 months 1 week ago #452163

• Adgediy
  • Fresh Boarder
I inadvertently left the gas cowl only half removed on my ageing Abbey Vogue 212. When I switched on the gas water heating the green indicator stayed on (ie it didn't change to red), but later (quite a few minutes) just went out completely. I've found a blown fuse in the area of the PCB that manages gas ignition. It's a T1.6 amp and I have ordered a replacement fuse. Question is, would a partially removed cowl have caused this problem? Once previously when I inadvertently left it on completely, the red indicator cam on after a few seconds.

I can't quite see why the cowl needs to be refitted each time you move on. Seems more like a job you do when winterising the outfit. That was the case with my old Swift motorhome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PCB fuse blown on Truma water heater. Cause? 4 months 1 week ago #452167

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 837
Adgediy wrote:
I inadvertently left the gas cowl only half removed on my ageing Abbey Vogue 212. When I switched on the gas water heating the green indicator stayed on (ie it didn't change to red), but later (quite a few minutes) just went out completely. I've found a blown fuse in the area of the PCB that manages gas ignition. It's a T1.6 amp and I have ordered a replacement fuse. Question is, would a partially removed cowl have caused this problem? Once previously when I inadvertently left it on completely, the red indicator cam on after a few seconds.

I can't quite see why the cowl needs to be refitted each time you move on. Seems more like a job you do when winterising the outfit. That was the case with my old Swift motorhome.

The cowl isn't for winterisation it's to keep rain and dirt out of the heater as being low down compared to fridge vents it is more susceptible to ingress of detritus on the roads, and creepies too when on site or in store.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by otherclive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adgediy

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)
Buccaneer Aruba 2019 - The Buccaneer Aruba replaces the 6-berth twin-axle Galera, thanks to feedback from NEC showgoers (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Challenger 580 - The Challenger profile has been streamlined for 2019, with a GRP front panel and a new panoramic sunroof in the hail-resistant GRP roof (© Practical Caravan)