Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Thetford toilet warning light query!

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 4 months ago #454059

• chrisn7
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 122
The connections to the C250 pcb clip directly to the board, but the copper tracks are very thin and corrode away to nothing. My solution was to follow the track a little, clean it and solder the wiring directly, eliminating 2 potential failure points.
At the fuse, the terminals to this are the most complicated devised by man and incapable of being cleaned of corrosion. I soldered 2 new ones in.
Finally, the pcb and fuse are mounted on a plastic tower and vulnerable to 'splashes', so I covered the tower with an thin inverted plastic bag.
At the float take your (old) toothbrush and clean around to dislodge any wayward paper as there's not much clearance, and all should be well..
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Dustydog

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 4 months ago #454065

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1194
Well done Chris :cheer:

That is one of the best technical usable modifications I’ve read on here in a long time. :)
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 4 months ago #454067

• SirRogerFFS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 97
Being less technical why not just do away with stupid idea anyway and just peep down the hole you will know when ts full.I have just done away with reed switch idea its been an absolute pain in the arse. What with the reed switch and the micro switch and the board that houses the PCB worst idea ever .The board on the top of C250 has been our problem our van is 8 years old and its on its 4th pcb. next time it will be fitted with a small switch to flush it . Thats my moan over and my cheap way out .
Regards Sir Roger

Sir Roger (WM) Residing at  Buggram Hall Daventry

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 4 months ago #454068

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1456
chrisn7 wrote:
The connections to the C250 pcb clip directly to the board, but the copper tracks are very thin and corrode away to nothing. My solution was to follow the track a little, clean it and solder the wiring directly, eliminating 2 potential failure points.
At the fuse, the terminals to this are the most complicated devised by man and incapable of being cleaned of corrosion. I soldered 2 new ones in.
Finally, the pcb and fuse are mounted on a plastic tower and vulnerable to 'splashes', so I covered the tower with an thin inverted plastic bag.
At the float take your (old) toothbrush and clean around to dislodge any wayward paper as there's not much clearance, and all should be well..

Thank you for the technical info I’ve saved it as I’m sure I will need it one day. But whose toothbrush should I use to clean the float?
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 3 months ago #454151

• Niall_McIntosh
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 74
otherclive wrote:
chrisn7 wrote:

Thank you for the technical info I’ve saved it as I’m sure I will need it one day. But whose toothbrush should I use to clean the float?

Whoever isn't around to see??
Bailey Unicorn Vigo, Volvo XC60 D5

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 3 months ago #454152

• Niall_McIntosh
  • Gold Boarder
Dodger524 wrote:
Mine only ever shows red, and then only if the float switch hasn't jammed, so the advice to look down the hole is good.

For memory (rather shaky at the best of times) when the red light illuminates there is supposed to be room for another litre. So unless you have had a curry :sick: you should be OK until morning.

As a newcomer to caravanning and the dark arts surrounding the toilet cassette. On our first trip away I expected the red light to be brighter. When I saw a rather dull red glow, I thought it was a warning that it was begining to get full. When I did do the rather sensible thing of looking down the hole, it was too late, the, hmm, cassette was *over full". Shan't make THAT mistake again..........

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 3 months ago #454153

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1194
Baby wipes and toilet paper can misguide the float. As others say look down the hole
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 3 months ago #454156

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1097
Dustydog wrote:
Baby wipes and toilet paper can misguide the float. As others say look down the hole

But hold on to your glasses, if you wear them. :sick:
Hutch,
Woosie King 2019 , Sir Were-Rabbit look at The Woosie Thread.
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 3 months ago #454157

• Niall_McIntosh
  • Gold Boarder
EH52ARH wrote:
Dustydog wrote:

Sounds like the voice of experience.........

Thetford toilet warning light query! 1 year 3 months ago #454159

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1097
Niall_McIntosh wrote:
EH52ARH wrote:
Dustydog wrote:

Sounds like the voice of experience.........

Oh yes, makes your sense of smell very accute. :blink:
Hutch,
Woosie King 2019 , Sir Were-Rabbit look at The Woosie Thread.
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Discovery D4-2 - The Discovery is a quirky looking tourer, with an awning that stretches right around to the rear (© Practical Caravan)
Sprite Super Quattro EB - The EB's curvaceous exterior, with three windows, a large sunroof and smart graphics, rather belies its entry-level price band (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Clubman ES - Luxurious seating and large windows help to make the Lunar Clubman ES a bright and comfortable living space (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora 613DT Isonzo - The popular Isonzo sees little change for 2020; we love the large sunroof (© Practical Caravan)