Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Advice on fact or fiction

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #455964

• Auds930
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello everyone
I am a newbie caravanner and we have just purchased a new Bailey Pamplona and there is various issues when I was delivered.
The fridge has about an inch scratch ( black gloss)
The silver interior trim near an upper cabinet is scratched and one of the blinds appears to be slightly creased and all of the caravan windows appear to have light scratches from I presume is valet!
Are these acceptable?
I am getting nowhere with the retailer I bought it from and I’m not sure if I’m just being overly picky
Please can I have some advice
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #455967

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 286
Welcome Auds930 :)

The Prof will be along to advise ;)
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)

Mercedes E220 Estate

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #455968

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 892
Auds930 wrote:
Hello everyone
I am a newbie caravanner and we have just purchased a new Bailey Pamplona and there is various issues when I was delivered.
The fridge has about an inch scratch ( black gloss)
The silver interior trim near an upper cabinet is scratched and one of the blinds appears to be slightly creased and all of the caravan windows appear to have light scratches from I presume is valet!
Are these acceptable?
I am getting nowhere with the retailer I bought it from and I’m not sure if I’m just being overly picky
Please can I have some advice
Send the dealer a recorded delivery / or sign for letter outlining the issues you have. Remind them they have failed to deal with your previous complaints . Thus in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you require an immediate full refund of the monies you paid them for the caravan. Once paid they must remove the caravan from your premises / storage at their own expense.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #455969

• Auds930
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much I have had it about 20 something days and he ignores my emails and when I call he asks me to tell me what he’s looking at even when it’s clealry circled in red !
Didn’t think I would get a refund ! I have had to get it shipped to my location but I’m happy to pay to get it off my hands as I have no faith
Thank you so much

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #455970

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 663
I suppose the first question is where are you and where did you buy the van from?

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #455989

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1127
Hello Auds930
Let me pose a question to you :-

Did you order a faulty caravan? I'm certain you didn't. You were perfectly reasonable to expect delivery of a perfect caravan with no faults. - and that is exactly what you are entitled to in law.

Dustydog, has correctly pointed out that you have statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that tells - you are entitled to expect a brand new product to be free of faults. And if a seller sells fault goods, they are legally responsible to put the situations right -whether that's a refund or a repair depends on how long you have had teh goods. You tell us you have had it for 20days - you need to act quicly becasue your window for a full refund is only 30days, unless teh faults are really serious.

It seems you want return the caravan for a full refund, Well the CRA says that if goods are not to contract (e'g faulty) the customer can insist on the seller to make a full refund for the goods withing 30 days from the date of contract completion (Handover) .

You will note I have refereed to the "seller" rather than the dealer becasue if you have used a finance house to purchase the caravan, under section 75 of the consumer credit act the Finance house is equally liable withe the seller for the condition of the goods.

I suggest you read up about both the "Consumer Rights Act" and the Consumer Credit Act. There are some very good guides form the Consumers Aassociation who publish WHich? magazine and teh Money Saving Expert web pages.

Good luck
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #456009

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 568
I do agree with the Prof''s advice. If you ordered the caravan and this is what was delivered then you are within your rights to reject it. Large scratches are not acceptable and it is time the industry realised this. If this is the caravan you want though it may be some compromise is possible if they will replace the fridge or at least the door and replace the trim.
Not having seen the blind or the windows it is hard to say if those complaints are realistic.
If you are a member of either of the clubs their legal helpline is a good place to go for a discussion on what to do.
Ray

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 1 week ago #456017

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 892
The clock is ticking.
Get a letter asap to the Dealer.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 14 hours ago #456380

• Auds930
  • Fresh Boarder
Good morning

I have recently purchased a Bailey caravan and I am having some issues as per another post ! I am dealing or should say trying to deal with the dealer it was purchased from.
One of my long list of issues is the windows are all scratched I was informed that due to the window material they all come like that it’s just the nature of the beast ! I was told if I go to any dealers all their windows will be like this
I am getting frustrated as I paid a kings randsome buying new so I wasn’t going to get someone else’s issues but I feel I have gotten what feels like a second hand model ! I am waiting for
A new mattress
New sofa cushions
Silver trim for where it’s scrached
Fridge freezer door as it came scratched
Scratched shower door
Scratched interior door
Trim is detaching from a panel
Window blind is buckled
All windows are scratched
One window is extremely difficult to close
One of the usb lights keeps tripping
My new vision plus tv stopped working
I’m almost scared to look to see if I see anything else

My remote location won’t help matters either please any advice would be great
Thanks in advance

Advice on fact or fiction 2 months 14 hours ago #456383

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 431
Morning , I do feel sorry for you with all that going on and you say it is a new van , how long ago is new ?
Were these faults not spotted on the pre-inspection hand over when you got it because with all that I think I would of declined it there & then .
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)
Buccaneer Aruba 2019 - The Buccaneer Aruba replaces the 6-berth twin-axle Galera, thanks to feedback from NEC showgoers (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Challenger 580 - The Challenger profile has been streamlined for 2019, with a GRP front panel and a new panoramic sunroof in the hail-resistant GRP roof (© Practical Caravan)