Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: What's normal operation for whale water on gas

What's normal operation for whale water on gas 1 week 1 hour ago #457786

• Danuk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi.

Is anyone able to tell me if this is normal.

I have a 8 litre whale hot water heater, the blue one with black insulation around it and to operate it a 3 position switch for electric and a 2 position switch to turn the gas on or off.

It works perfectly heating up water on electric but unsure about the gas side of things

When it is full of cold water I turn the gas on the gas ignites, as indicated by the green light on the switches, it will run for around a minute then turn off. 30 seconds later it will re-ignite run for a short period of time and then turn off again for say 40 seconds.

It continues to do this on off on off sequence. The red lockout led does not come on and the boiler will quite happily keep starting up and switching off every few minutes or so.

Should it be doing this or should the gas stay on untill the water is hot, then turn off

Thank you.

Dan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What's normal operation for whale water on gas 2 days 3 hours ago #458066

• Whale
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hi Danuk,
Please contact our Customer Support Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. Contact details below.
Tel: 02891 270531 (weekdays) or 0845 217 2933 (weekends)
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Alternatively send me the best number to get you on in a private message and I will get one of our team to give you a call.
Best wishes
Hayley

What's normal operation for whale water on gas 2 days 3 hours ago #458067

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 776
Can I say how nice it is to see a component company taking the time to follow this website.
Good on you Whale. Bravo Zulu?
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

What's normal operation for whale water on gas 21 hours 30 minutes ago #458136

• Danuk
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Whale. I will call and see what they say.

Most recent caravan reviews

Elddis Avante 586 2019 - As a six-berth single-axle, the Avanté is a sizeable van to manoeuvre, so Al-Ko's ATC and AKS hitch stabiliser are welcome features (© Practical Caravan)
Coachman Pastiche 470 2019 - The revamped layout in the new Pastiche 470 might tempt buyers looking for something a bit different (© Practical Caravan)
ph01 - The Bailey Phoenix 420 has a similar look to its siblings. There’s no front gas locker, and the graphics are quite low-key (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)