Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Replacment Window 1990 Abbey GTS 215

Replacment Window 1990 Abbey GTS 215 2 months 5 days ago #462663

• Skibum
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,

I'm a caravan virgin ( :ohmy: ) and I've inherited a 1990 vintage Abbey GTS 215 with only one significant issue, other than general wear and tear. The kitchen window had signs of damp around it, a little brutality with a Stanley knife and screwdriver proved the wooden battens along the bottom and up one side are rotten.

I've researched how to do the repair but I'm wondering if there is a place I can source a generic replacement window, I suspect spares for a 29 year old van will not be easy to source.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Replacment Window 1990 Abbey GTS 215 2 months 5 days ago #462665

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 414
There are Caravan breakers around. They may have one that would fit.
Good luck
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Skibum

Replacment Window 1990 Abbey GTS 215 2 months 5 days ago #462677

• DaveA1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
Mel wrote:
There are Caravan breakers around. They may have one that would fit.
Good luck
Mel

There are companies that will make you a brand new window using the old one as a template.
eeco-ltd.co.uk/ here's one.
Regards Dave A

Vauxhall Insignia Eilite 163 Sport Tourer CDTI Auto
Swift Challenger Sport 442 2012
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by DaveA1.

Most recent caravan reviews

Coachman Pastiche 520 - Clean lines and understated decals give the Pastiche 520 an elegant exterior, and Al-Ko ATC and stabiliser mean it should be an easy tow (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Altea 472 DS Eden - Maximising the window area has helped Adria create a roomy feel, and the whole interior exudes a sleek, modern look that's unusual at this price (© Practical Caravan)
Moto-trek Trek-Away - The Moto-trek Trek-Away standard exterior is off-white; our test model was a very smart silver, one of a choice of colours that's available as a £1620 cost option (© Practical Caravan)

Alaria TS

£33,799

Lunar Alaria TS - The smart Alaria has subtle updates for 2019, including new graphics and front locker; self-levelling corner steadies are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)