Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Alde wet system

Alde wet system 4 months 6 hours ago #467158

• Brian_5041834
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello my friends, please help if you can
I have a 2014 bailey unicorn valencia
The alde heating system in my caravan stopped working last night. My wife and I were retiring for the night and I whent to the control panel to turn down the heating for the night and found the control panel was not lit up. The heating as stopped working the taps are running cold, I run of a hook up, the power to the van is okay its like the heating system as died on me, the trip switch is fine, the fuse appears okay, unless there is a fuse nearer the heater I'm not aware of, I rang the dealer I use but the workshop is closed for the bank holiday weekend, any advise would be appreciated

Bri
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Alde wet system 3 months 4 weeks ago #467174

• Clifford_374377114
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Are you sure it hasn't been turned off by mistake!
Cliff

Alde wet system 3 months 4 weeks ago #467176

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1037
A friend on mine could not get Alde heating working, the problem was the system was on a timer. Just a thought.
Hutch, aka, that annoying toad.
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.sitting in storage.
Rural Milton Keynes

Alde wet system 3 months 4 weeks ago #467215

• Mel
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Thank you received: 520
Have you checked the header tank in the wardrobe? Is the fluid level above minimum?
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....

Alde wet system 3 months 4 weeks ago #467224

• Brian_5041834
  • Junior Boarder
I've had no problems with the heating system before, like I said earlier the control panel enables the user to turn on/off. the heating, also to regulate the temperature, when the wife and I were going to bed I usually turn down the heating for through the night, it was then I noticed the panel was blank. I think probably a fuse as blown. I've since searched the Internet and have found a alde user Manuel also a utube video showing we're two 12 amp glass fuses are located in a very accessible area.

Bri
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH, Dodger524

Alde wet system 3 months 3 weeks ago #467353

• chrisn7
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 120
There is no need to turn down the temperature during the night. During set up, the desired night time temperature can be set, just as daytime ones can be.

You found the panel blank, but this is its default state, unless you choose the option for it to remain on.

The glass fuses are actually quite easy to check out, being under a pull off inspection panel on top of the boiler.

My 2011 Swift van has a button on the control panel as well (apart from the 12v power), which has caught me out, forgetting its there.

Alde wet system 3 months 3 weeks ago #467363

• Brian_5041834
  • Junior Boarder
That comment could be closer to the mark than I realised. After spending the whole weekend on and off googling issues around a blank panel I then pushed the reset button on the panel and later in the day the heating came back on, I am now wondering if my wife as tried to adjust the heating without her reading glasses on and somehow locked it into some kind of delay function (she's not denying it)

Bri

Alde wet system 3 months 3 weeks ago #467364

• Brian_5041834
  • Junior Boarder
Yes my friend I understand that but when you touch the arrow the screen comes back on. My screen panel is dead

Bri

Alde wet system 3 months 3 weeks ago #467365

• Brian_5041834
  • Junior Boarder
Yes my friend its looking like my wife may have somehow locked it into a delay timer mode

Bri

Alde wet system 3 months 3 weeks ago #467369

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1376
Brian_5041834 wrote:
That comment could be closer to the mark than I realised. After spending the whole weekend on and off googling issues around a blank panel I then pushed the reset button on the panel and later in the day the heating came back on, I am now wondering if my wife as tried to adjust the heating without her reading glasses on and somehow locked it into some kind of delay function (she's not denying it)

That’s a bit below the belt. You should go out and buy her some flowers after saying that.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 696 live-in test - That snazzy side window you can see at the nearside front is actually a fake, so the interior wall is left free for placing the TV (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 T/A - Some might want for a proper nearside window, but the large front gas locker is welcome. Neat graphics and smart alloys look good (© Practical Caravan)
Wheelhome Dashaway - The electrically operated roof is raised via a switch by the door (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)