Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Water Pressure Switch

Water Pressure Switch 1 month 3 weeks ago #470563

• MrRee
  • Fresh Boarder
Every single trip out in the van I have to adjust the pressure switch to get it turning off correctly - it's driving me absolutely nuts.
Bought the van 11 months ago, been away about 20 times and it's the same every single time!
Is this normal or could it be faulty?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Water Pressure Switch 1 month 3 weeks ago #470564

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 839
It depends on the type of switch and also the battery power or power supply output.
It is not unusual to have to adjust at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrRee

Water Pressure Switch 1 month 3 weeks ago #470566

• MrRee
  • Fresh Boarder
It's on a Lunar Quasar 462 2017 ... Truma?
On EHU or just battery/solar panel it's the same - needs adjusting every trip :(

Water Pressure Switch 1 month 3 weeks ago #470601

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 796
We are on our second Quasar and neither have needed that much adjustment. The last one did have the odd time when it needed it, but that is all. Not sure you could call it faulty however, but you could try asking the dealer to replace it.
I assume that there is nothing being carried in the area that might be knocking it when moving, as it sounds to be moving from its setting. You could try taping it in position once you have it right to see if it is moving out of its setting when you are traveling.
Ray

Water Pressure Switch 1 month 3 weeks ago #470608

• audiorob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 86

Water Pressure Switch 2 weeks 18 hours ago #472428

• YorkieF
  • Senior Boarder
  • It's not broken.....it just needs adjusting
  • Thank you received: 9
I had the previous problem and the smartswitch cured it all. I don't know if they still sell them though.
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Premium
2017 Lunar Clubman ES
(to replace our Lunar Freelander 2000 524 which still did the job 16 years on)

Water Pressure Switch 2 weeks 18 hours ago #472430

• chrisn7
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 120
You will have to adjust each time you move from 12v to 230v and vice versa. If you remain on one voltage, it should not be necessary to adjust every time, just occasionally. Having adjusted it, does the pump kick in unexpectedly when the water system has not been used? If so, check for leaks.

Water Pressure Switch 2 weeks 14 hours ago #472433

• bertieboy1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hello Chrisn7,
I don't understand your post,what do you mean "move from 12V to 230V and vice versa",I thought the water pump system only operated on one voltage - 12V dc.

Water Pressure Switch 2 weeks 13 hours ago #472435

• MrRee
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm struggling to see how voltage variation should change things, although I have heard this explanation before.
I'm guessing it works by a diaphragm moving when water pressure drops, which operates a switch powering the pump?
In which case, really, the voltage just has to be switched to the switch - as long as that voltage is enough to power the pump I wouldn't have thought the actual value mattered?

Water Pressure Switch 2 weeks 12 hours ago #472439

• Dodger524
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 161
I also have this problem.

When on a mains supply the voltage at the battery tends towards the higher rate, say 13.8volts. When on battery supply it can drop down to around 12.5 volt.

Therefore I think that the voltage received by the pump varies according to the prime supply, this in turn alters the water pressure created by the pump, so that the pressure switch needs to be adjusted to compensate.

Rather annoying until you realise why it is happening and get used to making a slight adjustment.
Regards Dave
Volvo XC70 D5 auto towing a 2012 Lunar Clubman SB wandering.me.uk/
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Hymer Nova 470GL - The Hymer Nova offers great build quality, meaning it's no lightweight van (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 live-in test - That snazzy side window you can see at the nearside front is actually a fake, so the interior wall is left free for placing the TV (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 T/A - Some might want for a proper nearside window, but the large front gas locker is welcome. Neat graphics and smart alloys look good (© Practical Caravan)
Wheelhome Dashaway - The electrically operated roof is raised via a switch by the door (© Practical Caravan)