Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 230v sockets on Sprite Caravan

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 3 days ago #470879

• Ste6t9
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Hoping this is an easy fix. We’ve got a 2019 Sprite Major 6TD. Have had it nearly a year now and have just come across the fact that the 2 sockets at the rear of the van do not work. As the kids are there mostly, they haven’t mentioned anything before now but the 2 sockets at the rear, one in the cupboard and one by the floor are not working. Unsure if they worked before or have never worked from new.

Does anyone know if there’s an easy test to work this out???
Proud owner of a 2019 Sprite Major 6TD pulled by a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander DI-D 4

No longer a caravanning virgin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 3 days ago #470881

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
Either one will give you relevant information as a start point.

www.screwfix.com/p/lap-ms6860d-socket-tester/91596

www.toolstation.com/socket-tester/p82826
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)
Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by Anseo.

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 3 days ago #470882

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1483
See if you can buy a socket tester which plugs straight into your sockets. I bought one some years ago for trips abroad and there was a chance of reverse polarity. Useful to keep in the van anywhere.
Subaru Forester XT 240 bhp, carrying two Springers and towing a Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 3 days ago #470883

• Ste6t9
  • Expert Boarder
Cheers all.

All other sockets in van working fine so just unsure if they’ve stopped working or have never worked. I’m sure it wouldn’t be the first time something never got wired up.
Proud owner of a 2019 Sprite Major 6TD pulled by a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander DI-D 4

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 3 days ago #470885

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 886
As your van is still under warranty, get your dealer to sort it out.
If you do anything you will invalidate the warranty on that part and any associated problems that may be a result of the fault
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 2 days ago #470886

• Ste6t9
  • Expert Boarder
I think I’ll call the dealer and see if it can be checked before we go away to Europe.

Definitely not working at the back of the van - just wondered if anyone with similar brand had any experience.

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 2 days ago #470889

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1483
Ste6t9 wrote:
I think I’ll call the dealer and see if it can be checked before we go away to Europe.

Definitely not working at the back of the van - just wondered if anyone with similar brand had any experience.

If you can access the back of the sockets try checking the input wires have been put in correctly and retaining screws tightened.
Subaru Forester XT 240 bhp, carrying two Springers and towing a Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 2 days ago #470890

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
Hi ste , ours worked as i normally have an extension socket run to the table so I have the kids telly on the table facing their bunks but like someone says they might not have been wired in or connected as our TV cable wasn't connected for the front sockets and had to go back to get sorted out , so along with the plugs that we have in the rear cupboard with the kids bunks are does the TV aerial socket work ?
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 2 days ago #470891

• Ste6t9
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks Craig,

I’m going to do some investigating round the back and in the offside back locker as there’s wires in there.

I’ll check over everything also.

With regard to extensions, we have an external 230v socket fitted and wondered if I’m safe to put a 2 way extension onto that. (Only for LED lights so no real big power drainers)

Is it ok to do that?

230v sockets on Sprite Caravan 5 months 2 days ago #470892

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
We also have an outside external socket to the front nearside and whilst away in Holland the year before I had a multi plug ...
www.amazon.co.uk/Eurosonic-Way-Extension...tected/dp/B0060QQ3PE ...leading from that into the awning to power my kettle and mini fridge in the awning , I had no problems it's just another plug with a few more on it so to speak !
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 days ago by Craigyoung.

Most recent caravan reviews

Coachman Acadia 675 - That attractive, low profile look will be familiar to Coachman fans (© Practical Caravan)
Elddis Avanté 454 - The Avanté looks good with quality moulded front and rear panels (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Discovery D4-2 - The Discovery is a quirky looking tourer, with an awning that stretches right around to the rear (© Practical Caravan)
Sprite Super Quattro EB - The EB's curvaceous exterior, with three windows, a large sunroof and smart graphics, rather belies its entry-level price band (© Practical Caravan)