Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Changing Mixer Tap On An Avondale Argent 2004.

Changing Mixer Tap On An Avondale Argent 2004. 2 weeks 4 days ago #473696

• Auspom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Guys

Been trying without success to remove the mixer tap on a 2004 Avondale Argent.

Been underneath and removed the 6 wing nuts holding sink onto worktop.

Then undone the Red & Blue John Guest tube fittings from the 2 braided pipes that come from the Hot & Cold of the mixer tap but the tap is still held solid to worktop.

Is there another nut directly under the tap holding it down onto worktop.

If there is its a bitch to reach into as the tap is right at the back in the right corner and up into a crevice.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Tony.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing Mixer Tap On An Avondale Argent 2004. 2 weeks 4 days ago #473698

• audiorob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 89

does this help any?

Changing Mixer Tap On An Avondale Argent 2004. 2 weeks 4 days ago #473699

• JTQ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 96
Get a mirror out or mobile phone in camera mode to check if there is a big brass nut under the tap, there typically is.
Now, I have that challenge and one where the room to get to it is restricted to just about a hand sized space. So, I made a small disc of 19 mm plywood, where I fret out an open ended spanner slot into it.
Fortunately, I had the replacement tap so knew this was how it was fixed and the size spanner I needed for the job. It should only be lightly done up or otherwise the stress could damage the replacement tap over time.

Changing Mixer Tap On An Avondale Argent 2004. 2 weeks 3 days ago #473799

• Auspom
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for the replies/advice, new tap now fitted

Tony.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Pegasus Rimini - The new Pegasus is now 8ft wide, but its profile remains pretty much the same, except for smart new graphics (© Practical Caravan)