Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: water pump

water pump 1 week 1 day ago #475070

• paul101
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi
just bought my first caravan but being a bit naive bought an ill equipped one. it has a carver cascade housing for the external water pump
but I cant seem to find the right connection for sale all the the filter is a blue oblong shape and the 12volt connector is between the two water inlets.
does anyone know what pump I should buy for this set up.
Last Edit: 1 week 23 hours ago by paul101. Reason: not finished question
The administrator has disabled public write access.

water pump 1 week 14 hours ago #475073

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1610
Hello Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Please ask any questions you like.

Your description is a little confusing, so let's try to clarify what you actually have. The Carver Cascade is a water heater and does not have any pump connections. Carver's pump system was called the Crystal, but it was moulded in white plastic. Carver stopped making these in 2000, when they sold their caravan leisure revision to Truma. Truma continued to supply Carver designs products for a while but soon brought out their own versions.

I have seen a number of aftermarket counterfeit copies on the internet in different colours, so it's possible a previous owner may have replaced the original Carver unit for some reason.

The crystal system was originally both a plug in pump and and activated carbon filter system. The filter was a screw in cartridge with a clear plastic cap and the later MK2 had a twin port plug in filter which was moulded in blue, but the housing in the caravan wall was still white. Your reference to the two water inlets suggest you may have a Crystal MK2.

Other manufacturer's such as Whale, also produced plug in pump systems, so it's possible your pump inlet is not a Carver after all.

It may help to Google "Carver Crystal" or Truma Ultraflow" or "Whale water systems" and view the images to see if you're inlet matches any of them.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

water pump 6 days 6 hours ago #475143

• paul101
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you
would it be be better to just change this housing to a more up to date one as I cant find anything that resembles this.

water pump 6 days 4 hours ago #475146

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 544
........is it possible to ask the person who sold you the caravan if they forgot to give you the water pump as you can't locate one in the caravan.
Worth a try :huh:

Your description sounds like it could be a Carver Crystal set up .........
If you have a Carver Crystal Mk2 housing (now discontinued) then Whale sell a replacement pump.

See Here
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!
  GB West Sussex

water pump 6 days 3 hours ago #475149

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1080
Gafferbill wrote:
........is it possible to ask the person who sold you the caravan if they forgot to give you the water pump as you can't locate one in the caravan.
Worth a try :huh:

Your description sounds like it could be a Carver Crystal set up .........
If you have a Carver Crystal Mk2 housing (now discontinued) then Whale sell a replacement pump.

See Here

It's good to see the old folk still remember these things, thanks Bill. :P
Hutch,
Woosie King , Were-Rabbit look at The Woosie Thread.
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

water pump 5 days 15 hours ago #475163

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 544
...........not senile just yet :huh:
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!
  GB West Sussex

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Alicanto Grande Sintra - The distinctive exterior has metallic decals (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)