Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Tow Car Awards 2018

Tow Car Awards 2018 2 months 1 week ago #452156

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 829
Just received my August edition of PCv,. Getting earlier than ever :)
On the whole a very comprehensive assessment across a large number of vehicles.
However, just one observation. Why do these “tests “ say nothing about durability and long term reliability.
I particularly note JLR have done very well, good luck to them, but will they last :ohmy:
Most of the reliability surveys across many publications tend to put them at the bottom of the pile :whistle:
Have I missed something :kiss:
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger524

Tow Car Awards 2018 1 month 4 weeks ago #452756

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 517
The tests can only assess a car on its driving and towing ability as the reliability and durability cannot be assessed on a short drive round a test track. Basically what you are getting is an assessment of the cars ability as a tow car but you have to make your own judgement on its other merits.
Ray

Tow Car Awards 2018 1 month 4 weeks ago #452757

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 446
As you say DD you can only go by the reliability tables from other publications. Perhaps a reliability ranking from another magazine could be included in the test results. That should knock LRJ off the podium once and for all. Just another little observation and only a slight deviation I promise..... There are so many well proven reliable tow cars out there BUT they are all trusty old faithfuls like the original Sorrento, 2.8 Pajero/Shoguns and Hyundai Terrican. You can see why so many people hang on to them, even just as a tow car, because they are so much better than the new fangled things produced at the moment.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)