Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457890

• Ste6t9
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi again.

Does anyone tow with a Kodiaq?

If so what spec, engine etc.

Any help/guidance appreciated.
Proud owner of a 2019 Sprite Major 6TD pulled by a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander DI-D 4

No longer a caravanning virgin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457893

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 450
Have a look at this mate ,

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct...79wN07E9XvQJg1I4xZeX

Hope it helps ( off a while ago )
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457906

• CustardAvenger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 84
The 80KG noseweight is rather low for that size car... I Struggle to get it under 90KG with bugger all in the Gas Locker and nothing under the front seats!
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457915

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 886
CustardAvenger wrote:
The 80KG noseweight is rather low for that size car... I Struggle to get it under 90KG with bugger all in the Gas Locker and nothing under the front seats!

Must be a thing about Sprites as yours is a similar size to mine and most kit goes aft of the axle and a lot in the car to get 75-80 kg on the nose. As well as most installed heavier equipment being in front of the axle it’s all on the offside so quite asymmetric load across the axle. And I surmise that Alko split the axle bushes 50:50 at 650 kg per side.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457920

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 450
CustardAvenger wrote:

Get the bikes on the back of the van and that will get the nose up a bit !! :P
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying - will get to
the round table some day ! ( sorry but can't get the Pink writing on my phone !!) ?

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457921

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 590
This car was tested in last months magazine and got a good report. Check the website to see if the report is on there now.
Ray

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 4 days ago #457939

• CustardAvenger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 84
otherclive wrote:
CustardAvenger wrote:

Must be a thing about Sprites as yours is a similar size to mine and most kit goes aft of the axle and a lot in the car to get 75-80 kg on the nose. As well as most installed heavier equipment being in front of the axle it’s all on the offside so quite asymmetric load across the axle. And I surmise that Alko split the axle bushes 50:50 at 650 kg per side.

Must be down the lighter materials used over the heavier Swift alternatives, the heavy stuff at the front isn't compensated by nicer doors/cabinets rearwards.

Except for the one (steel) gas bottle and Leveling ramp and a bucket the gas locker is otherwise empty. The Truma combi-boiler, battery box, fusebox and Sargeant electronics are under the offside lounge bunk - Kitchen is also forward of the axle on the offside. With clothing in the nearside wardrobes and the nearside biased fixed bed, this must help to balance it a little.

I do put the wastemaster under the bed and the spare tyre is under there (also Nearside biased). Currently using the Aquarolls (x2) to fine tune nose weight as the gas is 2/3rds empty. I have a plastic box for heavier items which also helps to add/remove weight.

@Craig - Sadly no bike racks as I don't have a bike!
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 2 days ago #457987

• COLIN_5133685
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi , I have recently purchased a Kodiaq 150 diesel 4x4 5 door. I tow a van up to 1350 kg and find that I am getting around 33mpg when towing and up to 56 mpg solo. The five door manual kodiaq is in fact rated as having a noseweight limit of 100kg so no worries there.
Just remember when selecting your car that the seven seater manual is not approved for towing only the auto DSG.and also a noseweight limit of 80kg.
Great comfortable vehicle , enjoy.

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 2 days ago #457989

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 886
COLIN_5133685 wrote:
Hi , I have recently purchased a Kodiaq 150 diesel 4x4 5 door. I tow a van up to 1350 kg and find that I am getting around 33mpg when towing and up to 56 mpg solo. The five door manual kodiaq is in fact rated as having a noseweight limit of 100kg so no worries there.
Just remember when selecting your car that the seven seater manual is not approved for towing only the auto DSG.and also a noseweight limit of 80kg.
Great comfortable vehicle , enjoy.

Glad you like the car. A chap near us has recently swopped his Superb estate for one and is really pleased with it. Even the auto DSG variant with 80 kg towball limit can still tow up to 1600 kg and you would still be within the 5-7 % guide figure. Assuming of course that the cars rating is 1600kg or higher.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Skoda Kodiaq 2 months 2 days ago #457990

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1161
Just for your information. The Eu directives on construction and use set out that if a car is rated to tow a trailer, the ball hitch must be able to sustain a static nose load of an absolute minimum of 25kg otherwise 4% or more of the maximum towed weight allowance of the vehicle.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 420 - The exterior of the new Phoenix is smartly finished in white GRP, with understated graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)