Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Match to a range of cars?

Match to a range of cars? 3 days 4 hours ago #458002

• Fithawk
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I don’t think this exists, but, is there a site where I can input my van details, to generate a list of suitable vehicles? Rather than inputting one car at a time. Thanks.
Bailey Ranger 460/4. Vauxhall Insignia Hatch 2.0 D
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 19 hours ago #458020

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1086
I'm not aware of one
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fithawk

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 17 hours ago #458025

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 299
I have not heard of one either. That said I wouldnt let the caravan dictate my choice of car, choose your car and then check to see if it is ok. When looking at the cars specs, you will already know the weight of the caravan, its easy enough to work out what is and isnt suitable.

I would specifically avoid ranges of cars that will only take a low noseweight.
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Stirling Continental 530
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)
Last Edit: 2 days 7 hours ago by Thingy.

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 12 hours ago #458027

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 776
I’m not aware of any such site. Talk about letting caravan dictate choice of car. We are looking to move house and as a minimum want one with a drive where we can park the van to load, unload and wash it before putting it in store. At present it stays on our drive. OH wants a more modern or new house. Surprising how that limits your choice. I’ve even floated the idea of selling the outfit, but in parallel we’ve put a marker on a new build which would allow the van on the drive. But twin garages, five bedrooms? Thought at 70+ downsizing is the name of the game. This hobby dominates all rational thinking :-)
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 7 hours ago #458044

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
but in parallel we’ve put a marker on a new build which would allow the van on the drive.

Word to the wise, be very careful or "Restrictive Covenants"

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 7 hours ago #458057

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 545
Not sure there is a site that will work. My idea was to start with the weight I needed and check if there was a suitable engine for me and take it from there.
A quick look at the weight you need will give you an idea of where in any makers range you are looking.
Ray

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 5 hours ago #458060

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Thingy wrote:
but in parallel we’ve put a marker on a new build which would allow the van on the drive.

Thanks. There’s no restrictive covenant that prevents you parking a caravan or motorhome for temporary use. After a development completes it gets progressively more difficult to enforce covenants as the person complaining has to persuade the covenant holder to take the matter up, and who holds the covenant after the development has completed? On our present estate my next door neighbour but one who was town mayor failed to get a two foot high stonewall removed off of someone’s front. Failed. Now there are quite a number of very nice Cotswold stonewalls.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
Last Edit: 2 days 5 hours ago by otherclive.

Match to a range of cars? 2 days 5 hours ago #458061

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Thingy wrote:

Thanks. There’s no restrictive covenant that prevents you parking a caravan or motorhome for temporary use. After a development completes it gets progressively more difficult to enforce covenants as the person complaining has to persuade the covenant holder to take the matter up, and who holds the covenant after the development has completed? On our present estate my next door neighbour but one who was town mayor failed to get a two foot high stonewall removed off of someone’s front. Failed. Now there are quite a number of very nice Cotswold stonewalls.

Match to a range of cars? 7 hours 59 minutes ago #458148

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually, there is a site, not sure how accurate the details are as a quick comparison came up with some differing figures to towcar.info, but looking at uktow.com for somebody else I noticed that once you have selected a vehicle, it will offer you the chance to see caravans within capacity, see Here and further, it will allow you to search vehicles within a capacity.
Last Edit: 7 hours 58 minutes ago by Thingy.

Most recent caravan reviews

Elddis Avante 586 2019 - As a six-berth single-axle, the Avanté is a sizeable van to manoeuvre, so Al-Ko's ATC and AKS hitch stabiliser are welcome features (© Practical Caravan)
Coachman Pastiche 470 2019 - The revamped layout in the new Pastiche 470 might tempt buyers looking for something a bit different (© Practical Caravan)
ph01 - The Bailey Phoenix 420 has a similar look to its siblings. There’s no front gas locker, and the graphics are quite low-key (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)