Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: will this pull may van Please

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461559

• shakeyblade
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I have a Swift Europa 550 2010 and am looking at purchasing a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI ELITE Hatchback 2014

is this a good match.

thanks in advance

shakey
The administrator has disabled public write access.

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461561

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1146
shakeyblade wrote:
I have a Swift Europa 550 2010 and am looking at purchasing a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CDTI ELITE Hatchback 2014

is this a good match.

thanks in advance

shakey

Whilstvthe engine has enough oomph you need to supply more information. Caravan MTPLM, car makers specified towing limit, cars kerbweight, your licence B-+E?, etc.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461564

• Guzzilazz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
More info needed to use the CAMC matching service, included car power (140,163) and no Europa listed amongst the Swifts...
Larry from N. Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera
Kuga 2.0 Titanium 150PS 2WD

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461565

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Guzzilazz wrote:
More info needed to use the CAMC matching service, included car power (140,163) and no Europa listed amongst the Swifts...

Try "Towcar.info" as you can insert your own caravans MTPLM. A slight caution as I’ve always found "Towcar.info" very good but I’ve generally done my other parametric “research” first and then used the matching site for its estimate. Which to be fair has been pretty darned good over three cars and three vans.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by otherclive.

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461568

• shakeyblade
  • Junior Boarder
help, i feel like giving up, im pulling my hair out, i dont know which way to turn.

I just want someone to say yes that car is suitable that caravan, i past my yest in 1980 so licence not an issue.

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461569

• shakeyblade
  • Junior Boarder
the car is 140bhp Hatchback (not estate)

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461570

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
shakeyblade wrote:
help, i feel like giving up, im pulling my hair out, i dont know which way to turn.

I just want someone to say yes that car is suitable that caravan, i past my yest in 1980 so licence not an issue.

You need to provide some answers to the questions as it’s not possible to give you advice without knowing some weights and specifications. If you cannot do that then I think you should try a motorhome or camper instead.

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461572

• shakeyblade
  • Junior Boarder
as i dont yet own the car or have access to it at this time, how do i find the weights,

sorry if i sound a dumb, but this is really stressing me out.

Ideally, i already own the van a 2010 Swift Europa 550, the van is currently sited. i would like to tow it next year so need a car to pull it.
im told the the insignia is a good tow car, but know one seems able give me a yes it will or no it wont.

if i supply the Reg No would that help?

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461574

• Simple_Life
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
shakeyblade wrote:
as i dont yet own the car or have access to it at this time, how do i find the weights,

Ideally, i already own the van a 2010 Swift Europa 550, the van is currently sited. i would like to tow it next year so need a car to pull it.
im told the the insignia is a good tow car, but know one seems able give me a yes it will or no it wont.

I have the 163bhp diesel Insigni manual 6 speed. I tow a Coachman Pastiche 575 at an actual weight of 1550kg, with almost ease.

There are websites for outfit matching.

towcar.info/GB/
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Simple_Life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shakeyblade

will this pull may van Please 4 months 2 weeks ago #461577

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
Simple_Life wrote:
shakeyblade wrote:

I have the 163bhp diesel Insigni manual 6 speed. I tow a Coachman Pastiche 575 at an actual weight of 1550kg, with almost ease.

There are websites for outfit matching.

towcar.info/GB/

It is not so much the pulling as most modern diesels have a good towing capability and 140bhp would be in the right ball park. It is the ability of the car to control the outfit and to be stable. As well as the car-caravan combination, stability requires attention to driving as well as sensible loading of the caravan and car. You can be within the caravans weight limit, but still find it twitchy, or even unstable if it is loaded incorrectly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 460/2 Deluxe - Venus 460/2 Deluxe offers sharp graphics, glazed door, smart alloys and a large front window. Service points are placed on the offside (© Practical Caravan)
Coachman Pastiche 520 - Clean lines and understated decals give the Pastiche 520 an elegant exterior, and Al-Ko ATC and stabiliser mean it should be an easy tow (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Altea 472 DS Eden - Maximising the window area has helped Adria create a roomy feel, and the whole interior exudes a sleek, modern look that's unusual at this price (© Practical Caravan)
Moto-trek Trek-Away - The Moto-trek Trek-Away standard exterior is off-white; our test model was a very smart silver, one of a choice of colours that's available as a £1620 cost option (© Practical Caravan)