Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 4 days 9 hours ago #466813

• jallin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi All
We have a 2008 Elddis Odyssey 524 MTPLM of 1525kg. We have been towing with my husbands work vehicle - Ford Ranger. However he now wants to get rid of it to get a van and so I am needing to change my car for one that we can use to tow. I have looked at 2L Hyundia SE IX35 4x4 and Ford Kuga similar engine etc. The caravan club towing match says they are around 90% match. Just after people's thoughts and opinions really.....thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 4 days 8 hours ago #466815

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1142
Kugas have a good reputation and is a better car solo and with more luggage capacity. Some on this forum tow with Kuga so you will get some good feedback. You would need to check the towing specification for the particular model you would like but the 2 litre diesel is a fine engine.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 4 days 8 hours ago #466817

• Guzzilazz
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
I'm biased, I have a Kuga (2017) Titanium 150 TDCI 2WD. Lovely car solo, and VERY capable towing. They have been in some months in the top 10 cars sold in the UK, so there are loads around, and you will have more options to choose from when you buy.
Larry from N. Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera
Kuga 2.0 Titanium 150PS 2WD

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 4 days 3 hours ago #466830

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1373
Hi Jallin,

I have no experience of either of the cars you are looking at, but pressuming both are technically permitted to tow your caravan, then the fact the ratio comes out at about 90% does not especially concern me as you have been towing for some time, the experience is very relevant and should stand you in good stead.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 4 days 2 hours ago #466831

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 575
Hi ,

We have 2o15 Ford Kuga 2 litre diesel 150 BHP 2FWD and we have had it for about 3 years now and think it is a fantastic tow car like someone else has said with plenty of luggage space and power .
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 3 days 22 hours ago #466836

• jallin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi thanks have bought a Kuga. Went for a test drive and it felt so much better....great advice on here cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 3 days 17 hours ago #466857

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1373
Thank you for the feedback. :)
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Hyundai IX35 or Ford Kuga 3 days 9 hours ago #466859

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 575
jallin wrote:
Hi thanks have bought a Kuga. Went for a test drive and it felt so much better....great advice on here cheers

Excellent feed back like prof says nice to hear some feedback , did you go 2 wheel drive or all wheel drive ?
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 460/2 Deluxe - Venus 460/2 Deluxe offers sharp graphics, glazed door, smart alloys and a large front window. Service points are placed on the offside (© Practical Caravan)
Coachman Pastiche 520 - Clean lines and understated decals give the Pastiche 520 an elegant exterior, and Al-Ko ATC and stabiliser mean it should be an easy tow (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Altea 472 DS Eden - Maximising the window area has helped Adria create a roomy feel, and the whole interior exudes a sleek, modern look that's unusual at this price (© Practical Caravan)
Moto-trek Trek-Away - The Moto-trek Trek-Away standard exterior is off-white; our test model was a very smart silver, one of a choice of colours that's available as a £1620 cost option (© Practical Caravan)