Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Can't tow, won't tow

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298029

• sarahandher6dachshunds.
  • Expert Boarder
P.S. If you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all.
kettle calling the pot black
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298030

• sarahandher6dachshunds.
  • Expert Boarder
look under this section as i have put up new topic to help you.

look for your name

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298031

• Grahamh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi Martin,

just got back from a 6 week trip to Spain and France. I found the roads in France great and wonderfully sparsely populated compared to UK. Of course you have to navigate by the decent roads(not Peage tho).

One site we stayed on was almost totally occupied by Brits who did not tow! There was a field by the site full of vans with UK plates - maybe 150 of them, and the site owner just put them out on pitches to order inc putting up awnings and connecting site services. Not to my liking but a lot of the visitors were senior citizens(some disabled) and single ladies who didn't tow. The site catered for British in a big way(inc full English breakfast on Sundays, steak and ale pie for dinner, British beer and french language lessons. Most people there didn't even have a towbar on the car! Our next door neighbour even traded up his van whilst he was there. They charge

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298032

• MartinLeFour
  • Senior Boarder
Problem solved, turns out if you've paid half your finance on the product you can just hand it back, we'll miss it immensley but it'll save me loads of money, plus it wouldn't get used that much in France anyway.

Martin.

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298033

• Grahamh
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Well we really helped Martin out there didn't we ;-)

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298034

• MartinLeFour
  • Senior Boarder
Graham

I had a quote of

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298035

• stephena
  • Expert Boarder
towing is my favourite bit... i hate unpacking, putting the awning up on my own, water, toilet and electric! (Although the latter jobs are done under the stress of two young children and an excitable dog)

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298036

• Soozeeg
  • Platinum Boarder
Martin, you've clearly found the best solution for you, so follow your dream and live your new life to the full. As you say, your van has given you some good times, so it's served it's purpose.

Your new place looks lovely....plenty of work there to keep you occupied so it looks like you won't have much time spare for going away in the van anyway! Enjoy.
SUE

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298037

• Soozeeg
  • Platinum Boarder
Forgot to say, we gave up our van for a similar sort of dream, and don't regret it (although I am getting slightly itchy feet!).
SUE

Can't tow, won't tow 7 years 4 months ago #298038

• smiley
  • Platinum Boarder

I love driving with or without the caravan hitched. 

We had the alko hitch put on last year, yes, it does what it says but when i open the door on the caravan cushions are in different places.  I think it stops tha van pitching when towing but bounces more inside. heh heh

Didn't happen with the old stabilizer

smiley Swift Challenger

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Buccaneer Barracuda review – 1 - There are new graphics for the 2018-season range of Buccaneer caravans (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Knaus StarClass 480 review – 1 - The Knaus StarClass 480 has been ungraded for 2018 and is priced from £26,699 (© Andy Jenkinson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman VIP 460 review – 1 - The weight of luxury? This compact two-berth has an MTPLM of 1439kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Sprite Quattro EB review – 1 - This new Swift Sprite Quattro EB has a curvaceous front section, while its elegant exterior features classy, understated decals (© Peter Baber/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on