Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Licence upgrade training and test

Licence upgrade training and test 1 week 2 days ago #475023

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1189
My 36 year old son and dil have decided to train up for the test, both having passed after 1997.
I will add them to both my car and caravan insurance.
I intend sending one at a time on a two day caravan club course.
Then is it the case they can use my kit with me in the passengers seat to give them both experience. The hard bit is finding somewhere we can practice reversing etc without getting the way of others. Any ideas of spaces in Wiltshire?
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Licence upgrade training and test 1 week 2 days ago #475025

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 686
A big car park !!
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Licence upgrade training and test 1 week 2 days ago #475027

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1427
Dustydog wrote:
My 36 year old son and dil have decided to train up for the test, both having passed after 1997.
I will add them to both my car and caravan insurance.
I intend sending one at a time on a two day caravan club course.
Then is it the case they can use my kit with me in the passengers seat to give them both experience. The hard bit is finding somewhere we can practice reversing etc without getting the way of others. Any ideas of spaces in Wiltshire?

Bumpers Farm industrial estate Chippenham Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Along Bumpers Way at the top end and into Vincients Road has minimal through traffic.

PS even an accident repair center in case things go not as planned:-)

Short walk and I could seek some refresher training too.

Alternative could be the industrial estate where Simpsons Subaru at Highworth are located.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by otherclive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dustydog

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Alicanto Grande Sintra - The distinctive exterior has metallic decals (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)