Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CAMC price increases.

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 2 days ago #475794

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1197
An email from the Club informs me of a small price increase per pitch for all the usual reasons. It doesn’t say hoŵ much. Anyway know the true extent of the increase?
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 2 days ago #475799

• Woodentop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 181
They quote a 'small' increase, but 'small' is subjective. To someone living in the SE with a big car and a big van (for two and the dogs!) a couple of quid on a pitch and a pound per person would be laughed at - after all its only the price of a pint. Is it? In other parts of the country it is nearly the price of two pints and for someone using a caravan as a means of a relatively cheap holiday four quid plus a bit more for the kids can be expensive.

Oh, and where are the CMC located? The SE of course. As I said, its all relative.

I rest my case M'lud.

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 2 days ago #475800

• audiorob
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 96
prompts some interesting thoughts -
When paying for electricity on a pitch what value of power do I actually use? Although I appreciate that some of the cost is recouping the cost of installation and maintenance. I note some sites now advertise metered usage.
Also you generally pay extra for hardstanding pitches that once installed maybe cost less to maintain over the season than grass?
Just in the process of replacing the car which of course is larger than general need so that I can tow with comfort and safety, add to this the cost of service, insurance and depreciation on the van, the new tyres and battery I installed last year.. etc.... maybe the expenditure on pitch fees becomes only a small percentage of the total package!

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 2 days ago #475801

• Scorpy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Hardly ever use them-Think they are vastly overpriced already without any further increases.
For us it's just convenience for somewhere, CLs & Red Pennant/Home insurance that makes it worth the Membership fee
Mike
Mike & Jackie
2010 Kia Sorento & Coachman Pastiche 545/4

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 2 days ago #475802

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1463
Woodentop wrote:
They quote a 'small' increase, but 'small' is subjective. To someone living in the SE with a big car and a big van (for two and the dogs!) a couple of quid on a pitch and a pound per person would be laughed at - after all its only the price of a pint. Is it? In other parts of the country it is nearly the price of two pints and for someone using a caravan as a means of a relatively cheap holiday four quid plus a bit more for the kids can be expensive.

Oh, and where are the CMC located? The SE of course. As I said, its all relative.

I rest my case M'lud.

So when I’m in the northern counties sites all those big cars, big caravans and nice motorhomes have all travelled up the M1 or M6 from Surrey. The facts tend to be that cost of living in the north is less than the SE that’s why they can afford to enjoy their residual income. Please no more of the northern stereotypes. Clogs disappeared a few years ago. :whistle:
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by otherclive.

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 1 day ago #475804

• Woodentop
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 181
otherclive wrote:
Woodentop wrote:

I rest my case M'lud.

So when I’m in the northern counties sites all those big cars, big caravans and nice motorhomes have all travelled up the M1 or M6 from Surrey. The facts tend to be that cost of living in the north is less than the SE that’s why they can afford to enjoy their residual income. Please no more of the northern stereotypes. Clogs disappeared a few years ago. :whistle:

I think you have misunderstood. What I was alluding to is that generally speaking in the SE salaries are higher and people have more disposable income, ergo a 'small increase' has different meanings depending where you live.

Anyway it is looking like £1 or so per person and about 70p or so per pitch, or in some cases around 17% for the pitch and 19% for the person - it is not a fixed amount across the board it seems.

Given that inflation is well less than 5% how can they justify such increases?

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 1 day ago #475805

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1463
Woodentop wrote:
otherclive wrote:
Woodentop wrote:

I rest my case M'lud.

I think you have misunderstood. What I was alluding to is that generally speaking in the SE salaries are higher and people have more disposable income, ergo a 'small increase' has different meanings depending where you live.

Anyway it is looking like £1 or so per person and about 70p or so per pitch, or in some cases around 17% for the pitch and 19% for the person - it is not a fixed amount across the board it seems.

Given that inflation is well less than 5% how can they justify such increases?

Inflation rate whether CPI or RPI consists of many inputs not just the price of caravan pitches and the services to them. It will be interesting to see how the CMHC present their case for the increases. But factors such as utilities, Working Week Directive, Minimum wage, Environmental disposal costs, maintenance support contracts etc will all affect the
running costs of a site. But also are all these new features such as glamping units actually making a return on investments? Did I not read somewhere that nights booked this last year had been down? Be nice to see the AGM report when its issued. Of course though unless you keep an eye on private sites you really dont know what price increases they may put on. I suspect that they may mirror to some extent the two Clubs but making sure that they can still attract the customers.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by otherclive.

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 1 day ago #475806

• Buckman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Maybe the inhouse CMC "Caravan Cover" which is not an insurance policy and is not regulated as an insurance company has had more claims than expected and they need to recoup the money from somewhere? :P

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 1 day ago #475808

• Clifford_374377114
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
I think the increase is really to pay for another unnecessary rebranding!!
Cliff
Audi A6 Allroad
Bailey Unicorn Valencia

CAMC price increases. 2 weeks 1 day ago #475810

• Buckman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 102
Clifford_374377114 wrote:
I think the increase is really to pay for another unnecessary rebranding!!
Cliff

I guess we all could come up with many such reasons where the CAMC has thrown away money i.e. Rogers etc. LOL! :lol:
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Elddis Avante 454 - Avanté looks good with quality moulded front and rear panels (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Discovery D4-2 - The Discovery is a quirky looking tourer, with an awning that stretches right around to the rear (© Practical Caravan)
Sprite Super Quattro EB - The EB's curvaceous exterior, with three windows, a large sunroof and smart graphics, rather belies its entry-level price band (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Clubman ES - Luxurious seating and large windows help to make the Lunar Clubman ES a bright and comfortable living space (© Practical Caravan)