Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 2017 Venus 590/6

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426664

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 282
Need a lightweight six-berth for your family caravan holidays? Read our Venus 590/6 review.
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426677

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 708
The caravan looks an excellent buy for a family. Drop down fronts for the front lockers might be useful but it is built down to a budget and somethings have to go. The manual toilet will | doubt bother people, it is what we have at home and does not rely on the electrics so has some advantages.
Given their success in the PC customer survey it should do well.
Ray
The following user(s) said Thank You: LizziePope

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426686

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 453
Ray, I think all family vans could do with manual flush toilets. Most little darlings have had too much fun with the button on the electric one at some point.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy
The following user(s) said Thank You: LizziePope

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426790

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
Martin, I agree and might even ask if we can get one when we replace the Quasar after one 6 year olds fun..
Ray

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426809

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1436
Raywood wrote:
Martin, I agree and might even ask if we can get one when we replace the Quasar after one 6 year olds fun..

Are you refering to " little darlings" ;)
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426879

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
ProfJohnL wrote:
Raywood wrote:

Are you refering to " little darlings" ;)

Little devil in his case!
Ray

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426884

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 453
same times 4 :blink:
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 3 months ago #426953

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
Just had a look at the Venus at the Glasgow show. It does appear good value although you can see a bit of cost cutting but generally Lunar seem to have got it right.
Ray

2017 Venus 590/6 2 years 1 month ago #430409

• stephena
  • Expert Boarder
We chose this van on weight rather than price and I have to say its superior in many ways to its competitors efforts at "entry level". As a family of 4 the layout is ideal and having compared with its rivals meticulously I don't see that the quality is compromised compared to much heavier and more expensive vans.

The first negative score in this article was the aesthetics which I don't agree with, it may not be chrome but the decals are pleasant and the van looks clean and smart but then I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Another point made was the front under-bed storage not having access lockers - not an issue for us at all although our old van did have them its not something I can say we used frequently or I will miss.

I was also surprised by the manual flush being a negative in the review I don't know how the other half live but we have to move a handle on our toilets at home too :cheer:

Most recent caravan reviews

Caravelair Antares 406 - Double bed makes up with pull-out slats, but in our test model, they were a bit of a struggle (© Practical Caravan)
Explore 304SE - Comfortable L-shaped lounge benefits from elegant colour scheme and high-quality finish (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 580 - Apart from the neat silver roundel placed on the front nearside corner to mark 100 years of Eccles caravans, this exterior looks much like any other Swift model, with a black front panel and understated decals (© Practical Caravan)
Venus 460/2 Deluxe - Venus 460/2 Deluxe offers sharp graphics, glazed door, smart alloys and a large front window. Service points are placed on the offside (© Practical Caravan)