Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Venus 620/6 review

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448414

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 282
Has Lunar's entry-level brand Venus got the answer to your family's touring needs? Don't miss our review of the six-berth 620/6 here. What do you think of it?
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448430

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 650
I think that's a nice van at a nice price for what you are getting and quite a low weight
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448432

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1376
Some nice features and a decent payload at long last without pushing MTPLM. Will it take the rigours of UK roads?
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448456

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 796
It gives you a lot of van for the price although to me with a fixed bed at the back in practice it will appeal more as a four berth with the option of two more if needed. It makes twin berth touring in the reach of some who might not otherwise manage it.
The criticisms of no under bed access or outside locker access is unfair as this is what makes it a budget caravan. If you want these then you have to move upmarket.
Ray

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448506

• Gafferbill
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep active be happy and stay safe
  • Thank you received: 523
I would not buy any caravan with a large single window at the front..........they do not look strong enough to cope with the demands of towing.
There seems to be more complaints of water ingress and the need of premature replacement with this design.
(Sir) Baldrick WC......I have a cunning plan!
  GB West Sussex
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Gafferbill.

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448515

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 650
Gafferbill wrote:
I would not buy any caravan with a large single window at the front..........they do not look strong enough to cope with the demands of towing.
There seems to be more complaints of water ingress and the need of premature replacement with this design.

I can agree with you there Bill as on our previous van , (Bailey Orion ) i think we had 3 front windows in a few years due to vibration marks after towing , one after 9 months off being replaced ! To big a window.
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448545

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 796
We have had a couple of caravans with single front windows and found the problem was with them flexing if you opened them as the weight was too much for the window to stay straight. I think I would now probably work on the theory that there are plenty of other windows and open those instead.
Ray

Venus 620/6 review 1 year 4 months ago #448625

• Martin24
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 455
Same layout as our GT65 Turin. Over nearly 4 years it has worked really well as everything from a luxury 2 berth to a family 5 berth. Can't see us changing any time soon.
2014 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Turin towed by 2017 DFW WAV converted 316 Sprinter

Sir Outnumbered BAR WC (4:1) WEI dragging along Lady Therapy

Most recent caravan reviews

Lunar Quasar 696 live-in test - That snazzy side window you can see at the nearside front is actually a fake, so the interior wall is left free for placing the TV (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 696 T/A - Some might want for a proper nearside window, but the large front gas locker is welcome. Neat graphics and smart alloys look good (© Practical Caravan)
Wheelhome Dashaway - The electrically operated roof is raised via a switch by the door (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Cruach Culmor - Built on an Al-Ko chassis, the Culmor has an AKS hitch lock but no ATC anti-snaking. Alloys are standard - as are chic graphics (© Practical Caravan)