Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2018 Vans

2018 Vans 1 month 1 week ago #438792

• Gagakev
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 260
Dont need a 2018 van at the moment, had mine serviced today 2010 model and for the 2nd year running
NO DAMP :) :) Every thing else fine, so happy bunny me :kiss:
Sir Gagakev WC (3 BAR)

Shogun Equippe3.2DTi tugging Fleetwood Sonata Symphony
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2018 Vans 1 month 1 week ago #438871

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 328
Gagakev wrote:
Dont need a 2018 van at the moment, had mine serviced today 2010 model and for the 2nd year running
NO DAMP :) :) Every thing else fine, so happy bunny me :kiss:

Three years old and 40% damp! It does seem clear that the engineer servicing the caravan missed it as we found marks on the roof panel about two months later so not happy with him.
I must say that Lunar were very quick authorising the work although it will not be done until October when the dealer is quiet and I can live without it for a bit.
Ray

2018 Vans 1 month 1 week ago #438875

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 671
Martin24 wrote:
Why are there so many new vans with white kitchen cupboards throughout? Is there a problem with a wood finish? Just really don't like them. :(

It's probably cheaper the wood grain effect, but their may also be s perceived style element as well
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

2018 Vans 1 month 1 week ago #438876

• KeefySher
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 116
Martin24 wrote:
Why are there so many new vans with white kitchen cupboards throughout? Is there a problem with a wood finish? Just really don't like them. :(

When we were looking at changing the MH to a caravan in 2014, one of the most important things was a non wood look to the furniture and fixtures, we didn't want reminding of the days in the 1960's when last there was a caravan in the family. Too many memories of Fablon stuck to house kitchen doors.

That's why we chose the Continental 570 over the Elegance 570, same caravan, different furniture colours. The Elegance looked dated and reminiscent of the 1960's and just about every other caravan on the new market at that time.

The overhead lockers in the lounge and bedroom are similar to finish to the then tow car glovebox and trim, with highlight rails like the trim in the car. The kitchen upper doors are white, but with black appliances and drawer fronts below. The worktop is white. The bedroom wardrobe door and washroom door are a flat panel non grain effect foiled product. This gives 3 separate areas and is light and bright year round. The wood effect in the Elegance just seems dark and dingy.

We also went for the optional part leather seating in a cream colour with light brown fabric, that is also the headboard trim in the bedroom. Curtains are a contrasting colour that adds to the effect.

Later years have seen a much darker leather and fabric, which looks tacky, and gloomy.

We call our caravan several things depending on where we are pitched. Our city apartment when at Baltic Wharf, Bristol, our country house when at Longleat, Chatsworth, or Bladon Chains; our country cottage when on a CL. The interior colour scheme enhances our trips and gives a feel of modernity. Just wish it had been assembled instead of thrown together, that has taken a lot of the enjoyment off.

Our kitchen at home is solid wood with cream corian worktops and splash backs, and black granite window ledges, serving hatch ledge and upstand behind the corner sink. Black glass doors on microwave cupboard and hatch, oven doors.

Dining room is steel and glass table and cream leather and metal chairs.

Lounge is black and red and wood.

Bedroom is unique with galleried ceiling in blue, cream and wood.

Maybe the house led the caravan, or the caravan met our familiar taste.

Ones man's meat, another's poison??
2015 Sterling Continental 570
2017 Mercedes Benz GLE350 AMG Line
2015 Bradcot Aspire 390 Air Awning
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by KeefySher.

2018 Vans 1 month 1 week ago #438947

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
Perfectly true as we prefer the wood finish and could never live with the Continental but I suppose that is why Swift make the two versions, although for them to cater for all of us they would probably need fourty versions or more! If we all liked the same thing it would be a boring old world.
Ray

2018 Vans 1 month 4 days ago #439275

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 548
2018. Another failure :evil:
All I ever wanted is a leak proof caravan . Wood? White? Chromium? Get a grip.
The quality and trouble free caravanning is more important to us.
So . Today no timber in the structure. BUT. A leak is a leak. Leak free first please colour . Not an issue B)
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin24

2018 Vans 1 month 2 days ago #439333

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
Dustydog wrote:
2018. Another failure :evil:
All I ever wanted is a leak proof caravan . Wood? White? Chromium? Get a grip.
The quality and trouble free caravanning is more important to us.
So . Today no timber in the structure. BUT. A leak is a leak. Leak free first please colour . Not an issue B)

Leak free would be the priority but you do need the caravan to suit your needs.
Ray
  • Page:

Follow us on