Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Poor tuggers!

Poor tuggers! 2 months 6 days ago #471169

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1401
I was driving down the Fosse Way today from a few days in Leicester and normally the Moreton and Stow towns are very slow moving and sometimes I take a detour around Batsford. Today I had my Garmin and IPhone monitoring traffic and both towns were showing clear. So I passed through Moreton quite smoothly and things were looking sufficiently good that I decided not to take my usual detour. All went well until the uphill section leading towards Stow. The the road had been closed to all traffic. The options were turn left along a narrow lane signed “unsuitable for long vehicles “ or right along an equally narrow lane with diverted traffic coming down.

The poor “ tuggers” in front had committed to the left hand lane before seeing the signage. By then the traffic build up prevented their retreat. I went to the right. Phew. Glad to be solo. And throughout Google maps and Garmin stayed green!
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Pegasus Rimini - The new Pegasus is now 8ft wide, but its profile remains pretty much the same, except for smart new graphics (© Practical Caravan)