Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Am I being Naive.

Am I being Naive. 1 week 4 days ago #440348

• pensioner
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I'm delighted to report a total success.

I contacted my nearest C&CC club which is just down the road, and for a contribution to the "cat fund" I was given a pitch to play on for the day. We normally use hard standing to keep condensation to a minimum but for speed and ease I went onto grass for this test.

Ran the van up onto the ramps,,adjusted for level front to rear,,, steadies down,,,laid out the carpet to keep damp and stains off the nice new awning and away we went.

Quick and simple,,,bit of adjustment here and there ,,and notes for future use,,,but Oh so simple and no worries about damaging the van with falling poles and the height was perfect.

The awning we've bought is a Kampa Rally Air Pro 260 and we couldn't be more delighted.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Am I being Naive. 1 week 1 day ago #440443

• RayS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 111
As another of similar years delighted you have it sorted out. Otherwise wold suggest the solution I've found which is to fit awning poles with pipe insulation moulded foam as used in central heating so even if the do fall onto caravan sides they don't do any damage.

Never had an air awning myself and others may tell you otherwise but I would be very careful in times of high and gusty winds. Those I have seen in such conditions appear to distort and create wind catching 'pockets' more readily than those with metal or fibre poles. Saw one blown to shreds on a site in Spain where nearby conventional awnings moved a bit but remained basically sound without damage to the caravans

Ray S . 
The following user(s) said Thank You: pensioner

Am I being Naive. 1 week 1 day ago #440450

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 157
I prefer my conventional awning as I can split the weight into awning, and poles. Giving a bit more flexibility on loading and hiding away at home.
Skoda Superb 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Am I being Naive. 1 week 1 day ago #440452

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 545
otherclive wrote:
I prefer my conventional awning as I can split the weight into awning, and poles. Giving a bit more flexibility on loading and hiding away at home.
Don't get me going Clive ;)
Izzy Magnum with Carbon fibre poles every time.
The Kampa Rallye Air 260 is in the loft awaiting sale :)
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Coachman Pastiche 565 review – 1 - The exterior’s red graphics are reflected in detailing in the soft furnishings, while alloy wheels, a glazed entrance door and sunroof lend an upmarket feel (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2018 Bailey Unicorn Madrid review – 1 - There's a new look for the fourth-generation Unicorn range of Bailey caravans – here's the Madrid with a 1453kg MTPLM (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Sprite Major 6 review – 1 - The rebranded-for-2018 Swift Sprite Major 6 has an MTPLM of 1468kg, while the new nose takes its aerodynamic cues from the top-of-the-pile Elegance range (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Airstream Missouri review – 1 - It couldn't be anything else, could it? And Swift's UK-spec Airstreams are approved by the NCC and are CRiS registered, for owners’ peace of mind (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on