Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Moter mover

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447511

• Nimrod
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am getting a new van in may, and I am having a moter mover fitted as due to age I cannot man handle a van now, I am having a power torch one fitted and just wondering the preferences manual or automatic one, thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447512

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 713
I’ve got a Powertouch manual and use a telescopic wheel wrench to put it onto the wheel and off again. It can take quite an effort which is okay for me, but could be a struggle for some. I had the Evolution on my last caravan and it was convenient and has a mechanical winder in case the electrics fail. My overall preference I guess is one where you wind the rollers using a geared winder like winding leg steadies. I had a Reich one which worked faultlessly for eight years until I sold the van.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nimrod

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447515

• Kevin2306
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 38
I have the fully automatic evolution and wouldn’t go back to not having one!
Best bit of kit ever in my opinion, makes hitching up a doddle and is a must for dealing with the deep gravel of my drive at home.

Kev
2017 BMW 530 Touring towing 2017 Swift Corniche 15/2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nimrod, Dodger524

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447520

• theroadtoad
  • Fresh Boarder
Can someone please correct the spelling in the header on this thread!
Hyundai Santa Fe tugging Lunar Clubman si

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447521

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 713
Welkome to the Forum :evil:
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.
Last Edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by otherclive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger524

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447527

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1031
theroadtoad wrote:
Can someone please correct the spelling in the header on this thread!

Hello "theroadtoad"and welcome to the forum,

The forum is about caravanning matters. It's open to all, and any personal difficulties with spelling or grammar must not restrict access to the forum and any advice, nor should it incur any personal abuse from other forum users.

There can sometimes be a problem when a misspelling or ambiguous grammar can confuse an issue in which case some of us may ask for clarification.

So please be tolerant in such matters.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pensioner, rubbernecker

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447528

• Mike_S
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 24
Re spelling and grammar, etc, I'm with the Prof.

Re Motor mover - I have a Powertouch Evolution with auto engage and, so far, have had no problems during the five years I've had it and on two vans. Previously I had a mover with manual engagement which was manageable with a long-arm wrench. Not sure whether I could have done it had the mover had a cross-bar where both sides were engaged together.
The auto engage Evolution does come with a manual override tool which, so far, has stayed in by toolbox.

Mike

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447548

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 518
We have the manual version and it is an effort to engage. If you have trouble handling the caravan then you need the auto version.
Ray

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447552

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 552
Raywood wrote:
We have the manual version and it is an effort to engage. If you have trouble handling the caravan then you need the auto version.

If you have the cross actuator bar fitted then a manual engage is hard to use, but remove the bar and it becomes half as hard !!!

The easies way of using the manual actuator is to ensure the operating wrench is such that all you have to do is, with a straight arm, lean you body weight on the lever.

Moter mover 4 months 4 weeks ago #447557

• Lappy
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I have a Rhyno manual engagement Motor Mover.
As Damian says, take up the slack in the actuator arm so that the roller is just touching the wheel and then re-position the wrench so that you can lean in to the rotation required.
Regards,

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)