Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Lunar Caravans.....In Administration

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 6 days ago #471346

  • Damian-Moderator
  • Damian-Moderator's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6375
  • Thank you received: 876
As per the title, Lunar Caravans have gone into Administration.

Nothing further at this time
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 6 days ago #471347

  • camel
  • camel's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 525
  • Thank you received: 104
There's a full report in the Lancashire Evening Post, staff laid off, all production stopped ,☹
Last Edit: 3 months 6 days ago by camel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471348

  • otherclive
  • otherclive's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 6240
  • Thank you received: 1433
In May I read reviews posted by workers on a website that rates companies as employers. They were scathing especially the drive to complete caravans for delivery but with minimal regard for quality.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471349

  • Dustydog
  • Dustydog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 10882
  • Thank you received: 1189
On the ball Damian :)

See this www.leylandguardian.co.uk/business/142-p...nistration-1-9881326

All is not yet lost. They have been there before. Hopefully the Administrators will sort out the finances and maybe find a new owner. Long term my concerns and thoughts rest with the employees and of course those who bought the product and may have future Warranty claim problems.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger524

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471351

  • Mel
  • Mel's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • member of the Woosie Club
  • Posts: 3884
  • Thank you received: 545
Hopefully a solution will be found. Thoughts are with the staff.
Makes you wonder how precarious the other big names are?
Mel
Lady Mel

May the road rise up to meet you
May the wind be always at your back.....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger524

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471352

  • woodsieboy
  • woodsieboy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 878
  • Thank you received: 68
Thanks Dusty

Lunar had approved a warranty repair in our 1 year old Clubman back panel, looks like a phone call to the supplying dealer tomorrow, Although they were not going to do the repair, Sales of Goods Act, £250 paid on credit card so may have some support there, and speak to the people who were due to do the repair also, may be easier and quicker to pay for the repair ourselves and move the van on, wish we had kept our Senator,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471353

  • Dustydog
  • Dustydog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 10882
  • Thank you received: 1189
woodsieboy wrote:
Thanks Dusty

Lunar had approved a warranty repair in our 1 year old Clubman back panel, looks like a phone call to the supplying dealer tomorrow, Although they were not going to do the repair, Sales of Goods Act, £250 paid on credit card so may have some support there, and speak to the people who were due to do the repair also, may be easier and quicker to pay for the repair ourselves and move the van on, wish we had kept our Senator,
Look to the. Consumer Rights Act 2015. Irrespective of the Lunar Warranty your contract is still with the Dealer . Press them very hard now for completion of the remedial works.

Also as you point out You also have protection under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.
Best of luck Woodie.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woodsieboy, ProfJohnL, Dodger524

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471358

  • grumpy2447
  • grumpy2447's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 18
  • Thank you received: 5
Whilst my thoughts are with the workers laid off, I can not but feel anything other than contempt for the board at Lunar and perhaps some dealers who would have known. Administration does not happen overnight and yet they would have been selling right up to the 11th hour
Volvo S90 and a Lunar Quasar 674
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Icaru5

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471363

  • otherclive
  • otherclive's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 6240
  • Thank you received: 1433
grumpy2447 wrote:
Whilst my thoughts are with the workers laid off, I can not but feel anything other than contempt for the board at Lunar and perhaps some dealers who would have known. Administration does not happen overnight and yet they would have been selling right up to the 11th hour

Agree but don’t all companies do this too? You don’t stop trading before you go into administration and you don’t publicise it in advance otherwise you exacerbate an already difficult situation that could lead quickly into liquidation.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by otherclive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger524

Lunar Caravans.....In Administration 3 months 5 days ago #471367

  • Dustydog
  • Dustydog's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 10882
  • Thank you received: 1189
otherclive wrote:
grumpy2447 wrote:
Whilst my thoughts are with the workers laid off, I can not but feel anything other than contempt for the board at Lunar and perhaps some dealers who would have known. Administration does not happen overnight and yet they would have been selling right up to the 11th hour

Agree but don’t all companies do this too. You don’t stop trading before you go into administration and you don’t publicise it in advance otherwise you exacerbate an already difficult situation that could lead quickly into liquidation.
Absolutely Clive. Been there myself! You just have to carry on until the point of no return and then the proverbial hits the fan. Our Government were still signing new contracts with Carillion right upto the point of collapse :ohmy:
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.
Last Edit: 3 months 5 days ago by Dustydog.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive, Dodger524

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Alicanto Grande Sintra - The distinctive exterior has metallic decals (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)