Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Ash tray on a motorbike

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472018

• woodsieboy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 70
We have been looking at new caravans at dealers particularly dealer specials and wonder at some of the 'extras' that are included and how practical are they? Favourite so far is the tv bracket housed in its own locker on the van so that you can watch tv in the awning, except that it would be right where the step would be, also don't understand the need for illuminated grab handles, any body got any other caravan fittings that do not really add value, conversely what about the better add ons , for me that includes the offside awning light and the light that shines on front locker.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472020

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 230
Cocktail cabinet? That's the one that gets me. And fabric panels either side of a fixed bed window, to ape curtains, seem to add no value.

USB sockets are good. Mine hasn't got any :( an offside services and gas locker light would make my head torch redundant! :P
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by CustardAvenger.

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472021

• bertieboy1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Hi Woodsieboy,
What we did was make a list,of the "free" extras on the dealers version then cross off the features you consider you don't want or consider unnecessary or are standard features on other caravans and see whats left.
Usually you can get individual prices for features.
We crossed off among other things Heavy duty corner steadies,alarm system (nobody bothers with them !)
In the end we didn't bother and went for a standard catalogue model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472094

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 873
The one they all have is an exclusive material for the seats etc. Unless you hate the standard pattern this has no value whatsoever, but they usually say it is worth a few hundred pounds.
Some are good like an alarm but as Bertieboy says the rest you need to decide if you need them.
Ray

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472095

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 578
I dont mind the drinks cabinet, just wish they had made the holders to fit bottles of Old Peculier rather than girly wine. And an outdoor shower, dont much fancy being arrested for public nudity. Soft close door hinges, that by the way are always going wrong, and what is the strip of plastic just above the windows all about, unless its a leaf catcher.

Oh yeah, the killer is the awning rail on the offside, why, just why?
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Stirling Continental 530
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by Thingy.

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472098

• Guzzilazz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
Plate and cup racks... Don't fit any proper size of either...
Larry from N. Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera
Kuga 2.0 Titanium 150PS 2WD

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 6 days ago #472103

• tuffty
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Alloy wheels - usually included in a "pack" with something else that might be useful, but pushes the cost up. What's the point in them?!

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 5 days ago #472107

• Guzzilazz
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 83
tuffty wrote:
Alloy wheels - usually included in a "pack" with something else that might be useful, but pushes the cost up. What's the point in them?!

Alloy wheels reduce unsprung weight and therefore do improve the ride of the van. Deffo not ashtray on m/c class
Larry from N. Essex

2019 Bailey Unicorn Cabrera
Kuga 2.0 Titanium 150PS 2WD

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 5 days ago #472120

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
Thingy wrote:
...Oh yeah, the killer is the awning rail on the offside, why, just why?

You must have been in my head! I've been eyeing up a fancy Isabella awning (but the wife says no :( ) so have been watching their YouTube videos and was thinking about what use the offside awning rail has.

With the exception of a towing cover, which slides into the channel on both sides, does anyone use that rail? I can only come up with using it for a canopy which would shade the offside windows.

Isabella do sell front window sunshades, but they seem only suitable for continental vans; the European spec Adria in the video seemed to have a front awning channel, specifically for this shade.
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craigyoung

Ash tray on a motorbike 4 months 5 days ago #472121

• CustardAvenger
  • Platinum Boarder
Guzzilazz wrote:
tuffty wrote:

Alloy wheels reduce unsprung weight and therefore do improve the ride of the van. Deffo not ashtray on m/c class

I think they make my caravan look really smart. Plus, I cannot find any images of new Sprites without the Diamond Pack (Which adds alloys, a spare wheel and other stuff) or Panoramic sunroof, which makes me think that they don't make them with out these features.
Paul

Most recent caravan reviews

Coachman Acadia 675 - That attractive, low profile look will be familiar to Coachman fans (© Practical Caravan)
Elddis Avanté 454 - The Avanté looks good with quality moulded front and rear panels (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Discovery D4-2 - The Discovery is a quirky looking tourer, with an awning that stretches right around to the rear (© Practical Caravan)
Sprite Super Quattro EB - The EB's curvaceous exterior, with three windows, a large sunroof and smart graphics, rather belies its entry-level price band (© Practical Caravan)