Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Advise please

Advise please 1 week 1 day ago #455964

• Auds930
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello everyone
I am a newbie caravanner and we have just purchased a new Bailey Pamplona and there is various issues when I was delivered.
The fridge has about an inch scratch ( black gloss)
The silver interior trim near an upper cabinet is scratched and one of the blinds appears to be slightly creased and all of the caravan windows appear to have light scratches from I presume is valet!
Are these acceptable?
I am getting nowhere with the retailer I bought it from and I’m not sure if I’m just being overly picky
Please can I have some advice
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Advise please 1 week 1 day ago #455967

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
Welcome Auds930 :)

The Prof will be along to advise ;)
Sir Haggis

Advise please 1 week 1 day ago #455968

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 830
Auds930 wrote:
Hello everyone
I am a newbie caravanner and we have just purchased a new Bailey Pamplona and there is various issues when I was delivered.
The fridge has about an inch scratch ( black gloss)
The silver interior trim near an upper cabinet is scratched and one of the blinds appears to be slightly creased and all of the caravan windows appear to have light scratches from I presume is valet!
Are these acceptable?
I am getting nowhere with the retailer I bought it from and I’m not sure if I’m just being overly picky
Please can I have some advice
Send the dealer a recorded delivery / or sign for letter outlining the issues you have. Remind them they have failed to deal with your previous complaints . Thus in accordance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you require an immediate full refund of the monies you paid them for the caravan. Once paid they must remove the caravan from your premises / storage at their own expense.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

Advise please 1 week 1 day ago #455969

• Auds930
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much I have had it about 20 something days and he ignores my emails and when I call he asks me to tell me what he’s looking at even when it’s clealry circled in red !
Didn’t think I would get a refund ! I have had to get it shipped to my location but I’m happy to pay to get it off my hands as I have no faith
Thank you so much

Advise please 1 week 1 day ago #455970

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 551
I suppose the first question is where are you and where did you buy the van from?

Advise please 1 week 18 hours ago #455989

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1029
Hello Auds930
Let me pose a question to you :-

Did you order a faulty caravan? I'm certain you didn't. You were perfectly reasonable to expect delivery of a perfect caravan with no faults. - and that is exactly what you are entitled to in law.

Dustydog, has correctly pointed out that you have statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 that tells - you are entitled to expect a brand new product to be free of faults. And if a seller sells fault goods, they are legally responsible to put the situations right -whether that's a refund or a repair depends on how long you have had teh goods. You tell us you have had it for 20days - you need to act quicly becasue your window for a full refund is only 30days, unless teh faults are really serious.

It seems you want return the caravan for a full refund, Well the CRA says that if goods are not to contract (e'g faulty) the customer can insist on the seller to make a full refund for the goods withing 30 days from the date of contract completion (Handover) .

You will note I have refereed to the "seller" rather than the dealer becasue if you have used a finance house to purchase the caravan, under section 75 of the consumer credit act the Finance house is equally liable withe the seller for the condition of the goods.

I suggest you read up about both the "Consumer Rights Act" and the Consumer Credit Act. There are some very good guides form the Consumers Aassociation who publish WHich? magazine and teh Money Saving Expert web pages.

Good luck
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Advise please 1 week 8 hours ago #456009

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 518
I do agree with the Prof''s advice. If you ordered the caravan and this is what was delivered then you are within your rights to reject it. Large scratches are not acceptable and it is time the industry realised this. If this is the caravan you want though it may be some compromise is possible if they will replace the fridge or at least the door and replace the trim.
Not having seen the blind or the windows it is hard to say if those complaints are realistic.
If you are a member of either of the clubs their legal helpline is a good place to go for a discussion on what to do.
Ray

Advise please 1 week 7 hours ago #456017

• Dustydog
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 830
The clock is ticking.
Get a letter asap to the Dealer.
Sir Dustydog (BAR) TS .Woosie Round Table
Properly trained, man can be dog's best friend.

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)