Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads

Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads 4 months 1 week ago #452118

• Grey13
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 87
Having a bit of a job finding a simple round hard rubber (or other synthetic material) cap pad that can slip over the head of my newly acquired 3 ton bottle jack. I recently had a flat on my car and to my horror the scissors jack just broke as I started lifting. I also have a jack in my van but to be honest do not trust that. My van has Alko lifting brackets that fit the head of the new bottle jack perfectly but I feel I need a non slip cap for both the car and van application. Anyone else found one ?
Reborn caravanner !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads 4 months 1 week ago #452119

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 836
Grey13 wrote:
Having a bit of a job finding a simple round hard rubber (or other synthetic material) cap pad that can slip over the head of my newly acquired 3 ton bottle jack. I recently had a flat on my car and to my horror the scissors jack just broke as I started lifting. I also have a jack in my van but to be honest do not trust that. My van has Alko lifting brackets that fit the head of the new bottle jack perfectly but I feel I need a non slip cap for both the car and van application. Anyone else found one ?

Try this company I used their kit for an off roading Pajero. Not sure a non slip pad will work too well given the loads imposed on rubber/polymer. If your bottle jack fits the Alko brackets well, why a non slip cap? I assume that your Alko brackets must be the higher load type which pockets the jack.

safejacks.com/collections/bottle-jack-accessories?page=2
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads 4 months 1 week ago #452120

• Grey13
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 87
Looked at that previously thanks OC. The cap I have in mind is like this www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Jack_Cap.JPG
Reborn caravanner !
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Grey13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive

Most recent caravan reviews

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)
Buccaneer Aruba 2019 - The Buccaneer Aruba replaces the 6-berth twin-axle Galera, thanks to feedback from NEC showgoers (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Challenger 580 - The Challenger profile has been streamlined for 2019, with a GRP front panel and a new panoramic sunroof in the hail-resistant GRP roof (© Practical Caravan)