Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads

Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads 2 months 1 week ago #452118

• Grey13
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Having a bit of a job finding a simple round hard rubber (or other synthetic material) cap pad that can slip over the head of my newly acquired 3 ton bottle jack. I recently had a flat on my car and to my horror the scissors jack just broke as I started lifting. I also have a jack in my van but to be honest do not trust that. My van has Alko lifting brackets that fit the head of the new bottle jack perfectly but I feel I need a non slip cap for both the car and van application. Anyone else found one ?
Reborn caravanner !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads 2 months 1 week ago #452119

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 711
Grey13 wrote:
Having a bit of a job finding a simple round hard rubber (or other synthetic material) cap pad that can slip over the head of my newly acquired 3 ton bottle jack. I recently had a flat on my car and to my horror the scissors jack just broke as I started lifting. I also have a jack in my van but to be honest do not trust that. My van has Alko lifting brackets that fit the head of the new bottle jack perfectly but I feel I need a non slip cap for both the car and van application. Anyone else found one ?

Try this company I used their kit for an off roading Pajero. Not sure a non slip pad will work too well given the loads imposed on rubber/polymer. If your bottle jack fits the Alko brackets well, why a non slip cap? I assume that your Alko brackets must be the higher load type which pockets the jack.

safejacks.com/collections/bottle-jack-accessories?page=2
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013, and Vango 300 Icarus tent too.

Bottle Jack Non Slip Pads 2 months 1 week ago #452120

• Grey13
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 56
Looked at that previously thanks OC. The cap I have in mind is like this www.qis-uk.co.uk/Pics/Jack_Cap.JPG
Reborn caravanner !
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Grey13.
The following user(s) said Thank You: otherclive

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 640 - The Bailey Phoenix 640 is a great starter van for comfort-seeking couples (© Practical Caravan)
Adria Adora Sava 623 DT - For 2019, Adria introduces a brand new model, the 5-berth twin-axle Adora Sava (© Practical Motorhome)
The Unicorn Vigo has had a facelift - The fourth generation of the Vigo has a revamped look to the front of the van (© Practical Caravan)
Osprey 866 exterior - The Elddis Osprey 866 dealer special edition has unique decals down its GRP sides (© Practical Caravan/Andrew Jenkinson)