Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: 12V Tyre inflators

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 5 days ago #457842

• oldagetraveller1
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Can anyone recommend a 12V pump that doesn't give up the ghost after a few uses?
I'm fed up with constantly replacing mine.
Or have I just been unlucky?

patex
The administrator has disabled public write access.

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 5 days ago #457843

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 355
Sorry, pretty much in the same situation. As you know its not just finding a reliable one, but also one that will reach the pressures required by caravans. My current one is made by Ring, had it for 2 years and its just about ready to expire.

Also, finding a quality one thats small enough to be portable for caravanning. Tall order really.
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Stirling Continental 530
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Thingy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldagetraveller1

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 5 days ago #457855

• SirRogerFFS
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 80
Had this little Gem bought for me as a Christmas present and I have to say it is very good . The good thing is that every inflation will be the same ie if your tyres are 24 psi all round this will produce 24 psi . Digital and fully adjustable pressure .
Sir Roger .

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MF8OM7I/r...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sir Roger (WM) Residing at  Buggram Hall Daventry

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 5 days ago #457856

• Thingy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 355
Looks a decent bit of kit but as the OP said its a matter of how long they last.
Shogun 3.2 SG3 (197) tugging Stirling Continental 530
(Im a caravanner - if it aint broke -it will be tomorrow.)

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 5 days ago #457862

• CustardAvenger
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 84
Have a Ring branded inflator same as Thingy. Had it a few years now and does the job but is quite loud. Have to use a 12v socket extention reel to reach the caravan tyres from the Car 12v. I did use the caravan 12v socket but it blew the fuse!

Edit: its this one: Ring RAC635 Preset Digital Tyre Inflator, Air Compressor Tyre Pump, 3 Min Tyre Inflation, LED Light, Carry Case, Valve Adaptors, 12V www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OP0WZGI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.BRMBb25ZR019
Paul
Volvo XC60 D4 AWD & Swift Sprite Major 4SB
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by CustardAvenger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldagetraveller1, Dodger524

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 5 days ago #457863

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 886
I use a round Michelin pump. My son gave it to me some two years ago as he’d been given a tough thing for off road use. The Michelin is used on two cars and the van. Not that quiet but works fine. Must admit though van tyres at 60 psi don’t seem to need much air. The Skoda does though as it’s pressures go from 210/220 kpa to 250/290 kpa when fully loaded and towing. The Michelin is quite quick to pump up the Skoda tyres and has a useful deflator too. As a fall back I also carry a cycle vertical pump that will get to 60 psi without too much sweat.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by otherclive.

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 4 days ago #457877

• bertieboy1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 48
Don't know what your doing,but I've used the same one ( a Halfords one) for nearly 20 years - - and no problems.

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 4 days ago #457885

• Dodger524
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 103
CustardAvenger wrote:
Have a Ring branded inflator same as Thingy. Had it a few years now and does the job but is quite loud. Have to use a 12v socket extention reel to reach the caravan tyres from the Car 12v. I did use the caravan 12v socket but it blew the fuse!

Edit: its this one: Ring RAC635 Preset Digital Tyre Inflator, Air Compressor Tyre Pump, 3 Min Tyre Inflation, LED Light, Carry Case, Valve Adaptors, 12V www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OP0WZGI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.BRMBb25ZR019

I use the same model and agree about the noise. Mine copes well with the 65psi required by my caravans tyres.
Regards Dave

Volvo XC70 D5 auto towing a 2012 Lunar Clubman SB

12V Tyre inflators 2 months 4 days ago #457896

• DaveA1
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 63
When I bought my motor it had a inflation kit, bought a full size spare, now use air pump from that kit, so far so good.
Regards Dave A

Vauxhall Insignia Eilite 163 Sport Tourer CDTI Auto
Swift Challenger Sport 442 2012

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 420 - The exterior of the new Phoenix is smartly finished in white GRP, with understated graphics (© Practical Caravan)
Lunar Quasar 462 2019 - This season, the Quasar's exterior has a distinctive green stripe on the decals, differentiating it from other caravans at this price point (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 590/6

£18,399

Venus 590/6 - The Venus 590/6 has had a revamp inside and out, including improved exterior styling for the 2019 season (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Eccles 480 - The sweeping black front panel incorporates flush-fitting tinted windows and complements the black and brown decals (© Practical Caravan)