Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Main Battery Fuse.

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 5 days ago #474024

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 1062
After a few threads about lack of 12 volt power in the caraavan etc, and good folk mentioning about 20 amp battery fuses, I thought, :huh: where is my fuse, So after a bit of checking before going out on Wednesday. I found that one and also the fuse for the motor mover, all hidden amongst a rats nest of wiring,
I would not like to have to find it with a torch at 12 .O'dark . So when I get home in a weeks time I will rewire this lot so it is all easily accessible.
Hutch, aka, that annoying toad.
Woosie King , Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 4 days ago #474036

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 809
Sounds a good idea. I know where the main fuse is but have to admit I have no idea where the one for the mover is.
Ray

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 4 days ago #474040

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
Raywood wrote:
Sounds a good idea. I know where the main fuse is but have to admit I have no idea where the one for the mover is.

It will be between the mover controller and the battery and most likely within the compartment that the controller is housed.
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 4 days ago #474042

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
Anseo wrote:
Raywood wrote:

It will be between the mover controller and the battery and most likely within the compartment that the controller is housed.

So true, but whoever fitted mine decided to hide it amongst another bunch of wires, I will also have to purchase a spare fuse for it and also a couple of spare 20 amp ones for the battery fuse as if there is a fault I would be bound to blow a second or third fuse before finding the fault.
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 4 days ago #474043

• chrisn7
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 122
I believe the battery fuse is located where it is, because it has to be sited within 50cms of the battery terminal, so something to bear in mind if re-locating it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EH52ARH

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 4 days ago #474047

• Anseo
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 501
EH52ARH wrote:
Anseo wrote:
Raywood wrote:

So true, but whoever fitted mine decided to hide it amongst another bunch of wires, I will also have to purchase a spare fuse for it and also a couple of spare 20 amp ones for the battery fuse as if there is a fault I would be bound to blow a second or third fuse before finding the fault.

Hutch,

I can bring to the fest a pre-wired in-line fuse holder with protective housing, might have some spare 20amp blade fuses also, see pic in link if it is of use to you. Gratis of course.

www.12voltplanet.co.uk/inline-splashproo...ade-fuse-holder.html
Sir Haggis

Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona (year-2013)
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Anseo.

Main Battery Fuse. 1 week 4 days ago #474074

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
Thanks John, but after looking at it again, and see Tukumms posting about the Solar panel socket, the fuse I found was a 10 amp one, that fed into the outside power socket, and the 20 battery fuse is in the consumer unit, , so after moving wires around and new tywraps, all is neat and tidy.
Sante Fe 2014,
Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Main Battery Fuse. 3 days 19 hours ago #474310

• xtrailman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • xtrailman
  • Thank you received: 62
Just to add some older movers had no fuse, my 2004 Reich didn't.
175ps Mazda CX-5 with AWD & 420NM at 2K revs. Soon to be a AWD DSG 190ps Tiguan.
Towing a 2017 Swift conqueror 570.
Last of the HT smart Conquerors and 570 models.

Main Battery Fuse. 3 days 18 hours ago #474313

• JTQ
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 96
Our main battery fuse is inches off the battery's positive post, the mover's about a foot away.

In at least 35 years camping with a van I have yet to blow the main supply fuse. The only fuse ever to blow is on the control panel and feeds the three 12 volt sockets, used for TV, freestanding awning light etc; and I know which one it is, it is even labelled by the maker.

On that track record, and knowing where the main fuse is, will not see me rewiring things and so close to the battery I can't see a better location to facilitate its designed function.

Main Battery Fuse. 3 days 18 hours ago #474314

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 678
Same here I have only blown one fuse in less than 10 year and that was my fault in which I was testing a kettle out for travelling to France but it was overpowered and blew the fuse but in my new van , all fuses on the fuse board is labelled what is what and a red LED light will appear lit to show which fuse has blown.
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!

Most recent caravan reviews

Bailey Phoenix 440 - Decals on the side of the 440 feature a distinctive colour, purple, and have the same pattern with the large 'B' at the rear that you find on all Bailey models (© Practical Caravan)
Knaus Sport Silver 400LK - The Knaus Sport Silver 400LK is a compact family model. Although the door is not on the UK side, build quality throughout is first class (© Practical Caravan)

Lunar Ariva

£17,199

Lunar Ariva - Well-equipped and compact, the Ariva reaches its 25th year in 2020; perhaps that might be the time to give the profile a bit of an uplift? (© Practical Caravan)
Bailey Pegasus Rimini - The new Pegasus is now 8ft wide, but its profile remains pretty much the same, except for smart new graphics (© Practical Caravan)