Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461603

• Neil1309
  • Fresh Boarder
I've just purchased this vehicle and concerned about max nose weight. Everywhere i look is states a max of 75kg, apart from the owners hand book which states all variants 100kg! We have an avondale argente 650/6. With MRO 1451kg and MTPLM 1700kg. Im not concerned about any other weights apart from the variation I'm finding from the owners manual to anywhere else on the internet. Can any one shed some light on this, would i be correct it going by the owners manual of 100kg max nose weight?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461615

• Raywood
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 648
The owners manual should be the makers official figure so should be the legal limit. Not sure where others have come from but if it is not an official web site then it has no legal effect.
Ray

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461616

• Neil1309
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks raywood. I had been on towcar and they have it at 75kgs, also had come across a couple other posts stating 75kgs for the jaguar xf s. Im more inclined to swing towards what the cars owner manual states. Although I'd always thought towcar to be pretty accurate.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461623

• otherclive
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1016
Neil1309 wrote:
Thanks raywood. I had been on towcar and they have it at 75kgs, also had come across a couple other posts stating 75kgs for the jaguar xf s. Im more inclined to swing towards what the cars owner manual states. Although I'd always thought towcar to be pretty accurate.

I’d go by the owners manual. As a back up contact Jaguar technical department.
Skoda Superb Estate 2.0 TDi SE CR 170ps DSG 4x4 carrying two Springers, Sprite Musketeer TD 2013.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461624

• Simple_Life
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
otherclive wrote:
Neil1309 wrote:

I’d go by the owners manual. As a back up contact Jaguar technical department.

My last car was a jag, it came with a customer service telephone line, fancy black box with a card inside, give them a call.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461629

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1261
Neil1309 wrote:
I've just purchased this vehicle and concerned about max nose weight. Everywhere i look is states a max of 75kg, apart from the owners hand book which states all variants 100kg! We have an avondale argente 650/6. With MRO 1451kg and MTPLM 1700kg. Im not concerned about any other weights apart from the variation I'm finding from the owners manual to anywhere else on the internet. Can any one shed some light on this, would i be correct it going by the owners manual of 100kg max nose weight?

The maximum nose load (S value) a tow bar can accept should be include on a data plate fitted to the tow bar. That is the maximum value, because the tow bar manufacture as evaluated the design.

You only need as much nose load that will keep the outfit stable, Most outfits do not need to go a high as 100kg.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461631

• Neil1309
  • Fresh Boarder
The towbar is fine, that's plated 143kgs max. My 4x4 max nose weight was 100kgs so loading the van was no issue with weight dispersal. What confused me was on towcar they state the max nose weight for model is 75kgs and i had read same on some other posts the same thing. When i go into the owners manual it states all variants of model is 100kgs. My worry was with a 1700kg mtplm van and a max nose weight of 75kg would be rather difficult to achieve.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461635

• Craigyoung
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Happy Touring
  • Thank you received: 520
ProfJohnL wrote:
.....The maximum nose load (S value) a tow bar can accept should be include on a data plate fitted to the tow bar. That is the maximum value, because the tow bar manufacture as evaluated the design.

You only need as much nose load that will keep the outfit stable, Most outfits do not need to go a high as 100kg....

You mean this prof ....

1o5 kg on the Kuga beast !!
Ford Kuga 2.o Tdi & a Sprite Major 6TD

Sir Crying -
Will possibly get to
the round table some day !!
Sorry !!
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Craigyoung.

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461636

• EH52ARH
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hutch.
  • Thank you received: 837
Craigyoung wrote:
ProfJohnL wrote:
.....The maximum nose load (S value) a tow bar can accept should be include on a data plate fitted to the tow bar. That is the maximum value, because the tow bar manufacture as evaluated the design.

You only need as much nose load that will keep the outfit stable, Most outfits do not need to go a high as 100kg....

You mean this prof ....

1o5 kg on the Kuga beast !!

Craig , what my worry would be that its attached to the Bolt on plate not the Towbar. My towbar one is already undreadable.
Hutch
Sir Were-Rabbit
Sante Fe 2014, tugging a Coachman 560 VIP. 2013.
Rural Milton Keynes

Jaguar xf s 3.0 diesel auto 2 months 1 week ago #461638

• Icaru5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 191
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Icaru5.

Most recent caravan reviews

Alaria TS

£33,799

Lunar Alaria TS - The smart Alaria has subtle updates for 2019, including new graphics and front locker; self-levelling corner steadies are fitted as standard (© Practical Caravan)

Venus 550/4

£17,899

Venus 550/4 - The single gas bottle locker is clearly defined in graphite and the lid raises on struts (© Practical Caravan)
Compass Casita 586 - The Casita is Compass' entry-level range, accommodating a family of six in a standard width van (© Practical Caravan)
Swift Fairway Platinum 635 - The smart twin-axle has triple front windows and chrome grab handles, as well as a handle on the A-frame that makes it easier to manoeuvre (© Practical Caravan)