• Page:

TOPIC: Bailey owner.

Bailey owner. 2 years 10 months ago #381395

• xtrailman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • xtrailman
  • Thank you received: 27
The forum header say brand banter?

Seems a little odd to me, what does it mean?

On the CT forum and CC forum its used as a Bailey specific area, which sounds more logical to me.
But really I thought I would just get the forum populated.

I'm on my second Bailey, but don't class myself as loyal to any brand, in fact I'm watching the Swift HT developments, as my next caravan hopefully will have a woodless floor! :ohmy:
175ps Mazda CX-5 with AWD & 420NM at 2K revs.
Towing a 2011 Unicorn Valencia. Soon to be replaced with a 2017 Swift conqueror 570.
Valencia for sale.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bailey owner. 2 years 10 months ago #381402

• LizziePope
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 132
Good morning xtrailman and thanks for posting in this section! The idea behind 'Brand banter' was that you can chat about your favourite caravan brands, hence the sub sections for many of the biggest and most popular caravan manufacturers.
Digital Editor, Practical Caravan
The following user(s) said Thank You: X5Neil

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #381641

• TheTravellingRooster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
LizziePope wrote:
Good morning xtrailman and thanks for posting in this section! The idea behind 'Brand banter' was that you can chat about your favourite caravan brands, hence the sub sections for many of the biggest and most popular caravan manufacturers.

Hi Lizzie. This is not an attempt to high-jack a post/topic. Is this notion of Brand Banter open to Good,Bag and or Indifferent?
Not all commenting/banter is necessarily good.
What is the accepted procedure in the light of the completely upgraded forum about expressing disappointments and downright disgust with dealers & the products that they are selling that don't come up-to the mark for the monies that have been invested in them?
Ignorance, can be Bliss,It is No Defence & Certainly not an excuse,Stupidity can be expensive and when combined, they can be disastrous.

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #381646

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 264
All posting within the Forum and sub sections are subject to the Forum Rules which have not changed with the introduction of the new site.
Good points and bad points can be shared as long as they are general and not some attempt to Name and Shame.
I refer you to Rule 4 as below:
You may not transmit complaints about named companies or caravan parks. Such individual issues should be taken up with the company direct.
Read more at www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/our-websi...#HK1wUt1RdliP51LY.99
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Damian-Moderator.

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #381674

• TheTravellingRooster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Post Removed
Ignorance, can be Bliss,It is No Defence & Certainly not an excuse,Stupidity can be expensive and when combined, they can be disastrous.

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #381764

• ProfJohnL
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 402
[quote="In conclusion. Where do others go when without a 'Class Act' against a manufacturer being initiated and an horrendous expense in pursuing it becomes the only obvious route?[/quote]

I am not aware of any other available course of action available against UK companies. If you can find an American link, then you may be able to bring some of their lemon laws in to play but that is a very long shot indeed.
Unless I use quotes, All advice and opinions given are my own and are given in good faith. Never act on anything you read on a forum unless you can validate and verify its source and content.

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #381844

• Royston
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Not sure what the last 5 posts have to do with Bailey Caravans (would have thought the moderators would have moved them to another department)
Anyway back to what this forum is for Bailey Caravans.
I have owned 4 my present one being a Senator Vermont , I suppose the main reason that I have loyal to Baileys, here in Essex we have a excellent Dealer (Caravan World) who has recently been awarded the gold Standard , excellent result, any problems that I have incurred have been dealt with and cured to my complete satisfaction.
People who own Bailey vans realize that my model does not form part of the current range, reason why I am sticking to is that the shower you are able to walk into it through double screens, giving ample room for comfy showers.
Not to keen on that very large high middle front window on their top of the range vans.
Royston
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Royston. Reason: Spelt dealt wrong
The following user(s) said Thank You: oconnj

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #381904

• xtrailman
  • Platinum Boarder
  • xtrailman
  • Thank you received: 27
Royston wrote:
Not sure what the last 5 posts have to do with Bailey Caravans (would have thought the moderators would have moved them to another department)
I have owned 4 my present one being a Senator Vermont , I suppose the main reason that I have loyal to Baileys, here in Essex we have a excellent Dealer (Caravan World) who has recently been awarded the gold Standard , excellent result, any problems that I have incurred have been dealt with and cured to my complete satisfaction.
People who own Bailey vans realize that my model does not form part of the current range, reason why I am sticking to is that the shower you are able to walk into it through double screens, giving ample room for comfy showers.
Not to keen on that very large high middle front window on their top of the range vans.
Royston

Moderator Note; Unwarranted and Inflamatory remarks removed. There is no need for sarcastic comments or comments making insinuations about other forum users.
Damian-Moderator.

My previous caravan was a Vermont, we had it 7 years, absolutely fabulous caravan, proper on board water tank, external hot and cold shower.

Best shower room layout of any caravan, and aged very well.

Totally damp free, but after 7 years the front panel started to crack on each side high up on the curve, so we moved down to a Unicorn fixed bed, its a lovely caravan, but with out the quality of our 2004 version Vermont.
175ps Mazda CX-5 with AWD & 420NM at 2K revs.
Towing a 2011 Unicorn Valencia. Soon to be replaced with a 2017 Swift conqueror 570.
Valencia for sale.

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #382093

• Damian-Moderator
  • Thank you received: 264
Quote " I have asked both Damian and Parksy but as yet have not received a reply from either"

I was going to reply but to be honest I had no idea what you were going on about and lost interest half way through.
You seem to have an issue with your van which you have gone to extraordinary lengths to try and get some kind of support for what is a matter between you and whoever sold you the van.
If that person no longer exists, then you are in a position which no one on this forum can solve, and as we cannot see the van or know what its past life or use was, there is nothing more to be said.

I also don't know why tis is in the Bailey section and as the forum engine is so new, both Parksy and I are still getting to grips with how it all works, otherwise I would have simply deleted the post.

Bailey owner. 2 years 9 months ago #382118

• Parksy
  • Retired
  • Thank you received: 298
TheTravellingRooster wrote:
Royston wrote:
Royston

Hi Royston. Of the five posts that you have referred to,one of them is from me. That said I had sent requests for it to be relocated into the 'General' section where I believe that it would be more appropriately position.
Indeed I have asked both Damian and Parksy but as yet have not received a reply from either on the matter.
Indeed my initial reply/response to Damian was in respect of his reply to a question that I asked . That reply was in his post ref :- #381646.
I replied to you via email on 25/03/2014 via your Googlemail email address. I have now re-sent my original reply in case you missed it before.
Contact email address:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

The Practical Caravan Bailey Pegasus Ancona review – 1 - The five-berth Bailey Pegasus Ancona has an MTPLM of 1475kg (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Coachman Vision 630 review – 1 - The twin-axle Coachman Vision 630 is new for 2017 and has an MTPLM of 1669kg (© Nigel Hutson/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Compass Capiro 530 review – 1 - The new-for-2017 Compass Capiro 530 has an MTPLM of 1421kg (© Peter Baber/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Swift Challenger 645 review – 1 - The 2017 Swift Challenger 645 has an MTPLM of 1635kg and a 160kg payload (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on