Welcome, Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Truma Water Heater

Truma Water Heater 7 years 2 months ago #140516

Morning all, I am posting this message from a site in France, weather is good!!

The Truma water heater (US103) fitted to my Sterling Europa (2006)is working fine on gas. The question is, does this heater run from the mains. I note that the heater is rated at 850w @ 240v, therefore has an element fitted, but there does not seem to be an "ultrastore" stat fitted anywhere in the van. For info, the gas control stat is fitted, and the mains supply panel has a "water heater" MCB....confused on holiday in France awaits you guidance...!

Thanks

Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Truma Water Heater 7 years 2 months ago #140517

Hi Peter this came up recently so I know the answer!!

The water temp on electric is set at 70degC at the factory so there is no stat to adjust as there is on gas

Hope that helps

John

Truma Water Heater 7 years 2 months ago #140518

Hi Peter this came up recently so I know the answer!!

The water temp on electric is set at 70degC at the factory so there is no stat to adjust as there is on gas

Hope that helps
There should be a 230V switch marked water heater somewhere

John

Truma Water Heater 7 years 2 months ago #140519

Thanks for you quick response...and starting to make sense!

So therefore if I switch of the gas control, then the heater will continue to function on the electric supply? - The problem is there seems to be no "on / off" control for the electric, except for the ciruit breaker! I will have to search the van for this elusive switch..even the instruction manual says it is fitted, but I'm dammed if I can see it....grr!!

Peter,

Truma Water Heater 7 years 2 months ago #140520

Happy hunting

Our switch is by the van door and is a standard size switch plate.

Happy holiday as well!

John

Truma Water Heater 7 years 2 months ago #140521

Well, thanks for the happy holiday message...we are having a great time. I thought I'd finish the thread with my findings!

Out came the seats and traced back the blue protective sleave to the MCB / RCD panel next to the door. This is a combined PSU /Battery charger. The 2nd mcb / switch is actualy the control for the electic heater, with no "ultrastore" control on the wall - not that it realy needs it!! and it looks like there is a faulty MCB or loose connection from my basic fault finding on site with a multimeter as the supply comes and goes intermitently with wagling and switching of the MCB, full bench check to follwo when we get home.

Cheers anyway,

Peter
  • Page:

Most recent caravan reviews

Xplore 526

£14,999

The Practical Caravan 2015 Xplore 526 review - A rakish front panel and sporty graphics lend a fresh look to the 2015 Xplore 526 – read more in the Practical Caravan review (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Continental 630 review - The sculpted corners and streamlined shape of the Sterling Continental 630 are designed to improve fuel efficiency and stability on tow (© James Mann/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Delta TI review - The Lunar Delta TI's new graphics, spats and alloy wheels look great, but its profile could have been more distinctive (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2015 Coachman VIP 575/4 review - Coachman's VIP 575/4 puts a luxury, island-bad floorplan on a single axle, and does so handsomely – a great option for your caravan holidays (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on