Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Warning Headers

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303820

Hi All,

Not been here for a while and when I loged on found it had all changed. (For the better I Hope)
This has probably been answered before so sorry in advance, but how do you get rid of all the warning things at the top of the page, or am I doing something wrong.

Cheers

Graham (Ponty)
Graham

2006 Landrover Freelander TD4
2004 Swift Challenger 500se
Powrtouch Motor Mover

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303821

Sorry Folks, Don't know how I posted this topic 4 times.
Graham

Powrtouch Motor Mover

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303822

• Soozeeg
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually Graham, I don't think it has been answered as yet, although several other people have mentioned having the same problem (I haven't got it, for some odd reason - perhaps I should feel left out!! lol).  No doubt the techies will get to it in time, they're having to iron out lots of other niggles too.
SUE

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303823

Thanks Sue, They only seems to appear when I log in for some reason, Strange. 
Graham

Powrtouch Motor Mover

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303824

Sue's right, Graham, and sorry - we haven't really answered this one satisfactorily have we?  I had this problem the first time I logged in but not since, but then I clear my cache every time I close my browser (web developer habit).  It's possible that cookies you had from the previous version of the site are causing a problem - could you do me a favour and clear them, and tell me whether the problem persists?

If you're not sure how to do so, can you tell me whether you use Windows or Mac, and which browser you use to access the internet (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303825

• Soozeeg
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't have the problem, as I said - I did the very first time, but not since.  I don't clear my cookies - well, not very often (do I get a telling off for that? lol), I use Windows and IE.  Dunno if that helps you sort things out, JD. BTW, why are you still here?  Don't tell me, I bet it's coz you're so keen to get everything sorted you just can't bear to drag yourself away until it's all done!!!  (I'm right, aren't I.......NOT!!! tee hee).
SUE

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303826

I had all the headers when I first logged in, but after a while they all disappeard and now they never show.
However, having just posted two New Topics they take over 5 minutes to load on to the forum.

Having looked through recent postings it appears that users try and post a reply, it does not instantly appear, they re send, creating multiple postings. 

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303827

Correct, Damian - the forum landing pages are refreshed every five minutes.  It's standard practice to cache pages like that, though five minutes is a bit excessive, I agree - we had to use a particular mechanism just so that we could get the site live, where five minutes is the only option we had; however, Austin will look next week at using another method where we can bring it down to two minutes or so...

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303828

Hi John,

Thanks for looking at this problem. I have cleared my cache (I think) and deleted the cookies, but it still showes up at the top of the page. I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer v8.

Be grateful for more help if you don't mind.

Thanks

Graham (Ponty)
Graham

Powrtouch Motor Mover

Warning Headers 4 years 2 months ago #303829

Hi John,

Me again. You say it takes 5 minutes for the page to refresh, that is very excessive, another caravan forum I belong to refreshes instantly as soon as you hit the "submit reply" button.

Another problem I have noticed. After I have made a reply to post and hit the save button, all I get on the next page is a white page with all the warning headers on top, I have to hit the back button before I can do anything else.

HTH

Graham (Ponty)
Graham

Powrtouch Motor Mover

Most recent caravan reviews

Xplore 526

£14,999

The Practical Caravan 2015 Xplore 526 review - A rakish front panel and sporty graphics lend a fresh look to the 2015 Xplore 526 – read more in the Practical Caravan review (© Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Sterling Continental 630 review - The sculpted corners and streamlined shape of the Sterling Continental 630 are designed to improve fuel efficiency and stability on tow (© James Mann/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan Lunar Delta TI review - The Lunar Delta TI's new graphics, spats and alloy wheels look great, but its profile could have been more distinctive (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)
The Practical Caravan 2015 Coachman VIP 575/4 review - Coachman's VIP 575/4 puts a luxury, island-bad floorplan on a single axle, and does so handsomely – a great option for your caravan holidays (© Phil Russell/Practical Caravan)

Follow us on