IF YOU’VE INVESTED in an Omnia Stovetop Oven, here are some brilliant recipes to try when you’re next away in the caravan.
Omnia Stovetop Lasagne (serves four)
- 500g beef mince
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 400ml tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 1 tsp basil
- 10 lasagne sheets
- 100g grated cheese
- 300ml béchamel sauce (recipe below or buy ready-made)
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic, then sauté until translucent. Blend in the beef mince and brown while stirring. Add tomato puree, tinned tomatoes, stop cubes and basil. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Spread some of the béchamel sauce in the bottom of the pan. Create three layers, alternating the meat sauce with lasagne sheets (it’s easiest to split the sheets into smaller pieces) and béchamel sauce. Finish with remaining béchamel sauce. Top with grated cheese and cook on medium heat for about 35 minutes.
- Serve with tomato salad and fresh basil.
To make Béchamel sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300ml milk
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 100g grated cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in flour.
- Add milk gradually while whisking. Cook over low heat for about three minutes, stirring occasionally. season and add grated cheese if desired.
Scalloped potatoes with goat’s cheese and fennel
- 1kg potatoes
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300ml single cream or creme fraîche
- salt and pepper
- 175ml crumbled goat’s cheese
- fresh herbs (thyme is good!)
- Peel the potatoes and slice thinly. Trim the fennel bulb and slice thinly. Mince the garlic.
- Place the potatoes and fennel in a saucepan and pour the cream over. Simmer at low heat for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease the Omnia Pan. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the goat’s cheese and the herbs. Pour into the Omnia pan and, if necessary, add a bit more cream. It should be fairly liquid. Bake at medium heat for about 40 minutes.
You’re in Hall 6 Advice Lounge & Event Theatre at Van Live! See what else is happening on stage, visit the Omnia stand in Hall 4, or take me to the Show Guide.