BMW car owners can enjoy built-in TomTom sat-nav on certain models.
A partnership between the two companies means that TomTom GO LIVE navigation devices are now being offered with BMW 1 Series, 3 Series, X1 and X3 cars.
The customised TomTom kit connects directly to the in-car entertainment system and includes TomTom’s real-time HD Traffic service.
A 5” touch-screen mounts on the dashboard, and both spoken directions and incoming telephone calls can be heard through the car’s built-in speakers.
Here is the full set of features:
- 5-inch touch screen display. Drivers can see more and drive easy with an XXL screen. Touch screen technology provides the easiest operation.
- Seamless integration with the BMW Car Entertainment System. The navigation device uses the in-car speakers to deliver ultra high quality instructions. All other audio channels (radio, CD, etc.) are temporarily muted.
- LIVE Services. One year’s free LIVE Services for the best real-time information. This includes TomTom HD Traffic, which gives drivers the quickest route through the jams. Search & Go services include TripAdvisor, Expedia, and Local Search with TomTom Places.
- IQ Routes. Using real travel information shared by millions of drivers, the service provides the best routes and arrival times at every time of day.
- Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives drivers extra clarity at difficult junctions.
- Hands-free calling via Bluetooth®. Drivers can make and answer phone calls safely while driving.
- Maps of 45 European countries.
- Access to MyTomTom. Drivers can update and manage their navigation device via MyTomTom. Amongst other updates, drivers can download free daily map corrections from the Map Share community.
BMW owners can visit their local BMW dealer to get a TomTom GO LIVE navigation device fitted to their car.